My Bread recpe

Recipes, freeze-dried, deydrated and all food related threads.
tom mac
Board Founder

My Bread recpe

Post by tom mac »

I do my bread in am and usu bake by noon.

Here's the Easy bread I make ( usu with whole wheat )
3 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspn salt ( can be less )
1 teaspn yeast ( usu quick rise )
2 cups warm water ( add second slowly till all mixed, may not need all esp with white flour )

Let sit in bowl with cover of plastic wrap for about 4 hrs+, up to 12 hrs if needed... it will double in size almost
No kneading.
Dump into bread pan ( spray with non stick spray )
Use 450 deg oven about 45 mins

( sort of this one video ,... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYguurntfkI )
You can't fix stupid !
Bob
Board Founder

Re: My Bread recpe

Post by Bob »

Gotta try this...
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I love homemade bread right from the oven!
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

AS a PS, I usu mix all the dry first , then mix in water as needed
You can also use 400 oven and or , put in a small pan of water in oven if you don't want a thicker dark crust. The recipe is very flexible.
It makes pretty good bread... not the best but it is quick and easy as it's a mix and dump.

Usu make make a batch after breakfast, then it in the oven in the afternoon. Cut up and frozen then to toaster as needed

BTW, the same recipe works in a dutch oven , lidded for the first 15 mins, then uncovered. Thinking of trying in a dutch oven covered in fire coals.
You can't fix stupid !
bdc
Board Founder

Post by bdc »

Until the power goes out. Bread machine. 1 3/4 cups bread flour; 1/3 cup water. 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon bread yeast, 1 teaspoon olive oil.

After the power goes out. I have about 30-50 pounds of hardtack I made. Gas oven. Keeps the house warm in the day and at night. So, it is a double use of the utility.
maypo59

Post by maypo59 »

Sourdoughs are easy to start and feed.. and easy to bake without power..

David
Administrator

Post by David »

maypo59 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:44 pm Sourdoughs are easy to start and feed.. and easy to bake without power..

Well that just made me hungry! :)
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".