Ammunition Sales Soar in Response to Coronavirus Panic

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
Bob
Board Founder

Re: Ammunition Sales Soar in Response to Coronavirus Panic

Post by Bob »

I always surf Publix for BOGO's in the preparedness list. They happen all the time. Just not now...
Last edited by Bob on Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I see a lot of folks complaining that 9mm is becoming hard to come by on many of the normal online ammo sources. And of course CTD is price gouging but I don't even look at them. Seems like Bass Pro still has ammo and at the same price as last time I checked (couple of weeks ago).

I just ordered 500 rounds of 40 S&W since I have three pistols in that caliber now and plan to do some shooting once all the 'stuff' has passed.

And that is why I like to have pistols in various calibers and preferably pistols in multiple calibers. If one gets scarce they are one or more fall back calibers to choose from. So while the main stream has been dumping their 40's over the last couple of years, to me it's been the prime time to jump back into that caliber with both feet. And that's what I've done by increasing the number of platforms that shoot that caliber as well as 357sig.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Nobody here should need ammo. The handwritings been on the wall since the Obama administration. Buy when it's cheap and available. Sit tight during a crisis. I thought we all knew that by now.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Again - see other thread. I quote myself: Obama didn't do a damn thing to remover/curtail/or slow an inch your gun rights. So How TF did the writing get on the wall? Who put it there and what did it say and when???

Buy when cheap and available applies to freaking Strawberries. Make some sense man!!!! You are rambling. This is crap peppers and idiots do to themselves. Same thing as toilet paper.

"The writing is on the bathroom wall! We knew it since Trump!! Buy TP when price is low and it's available!!! That's what you just said...
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Bob wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:50 am Again - see other thread. I quote myself: Obama didn't do a damn thing to remover/curtail/or slow an inch your gun rights. So How TF did the writing get on the wall? Who put it there and what did it say and when???

Buy when cheap and available applies to freaking Strawberries. Make some sense man!!!! You are rambling. This is crap peppers and idiots do to themselves. Same thing as toilet paper.

"The writing is on the bathroom wall! We knew it since Trump!! Buy TP when price is low and it's available!!! That's what you just said...
Take a deep breath Bob. :D I said since the Obama era, not Obama himself. While Obama couldn't do anything to our gun rights his and the Dem's anti-gun rhetoric caused the panic the last time. The handwriting on the wall I'm referring to suggested that the public could/would panic again during a crisis or perceived crisis. There is always a run on guns and ammo due to political rhetoric. In addition to a run on food, water, fuel etc during natural disasters (hurricanes, etc), civil disorder and now pandemics. The herd gets frightened and there is a stampede.

Isn't it obvious by now that society is fragile and we should be prepared to take care of ourselves when/if it falls/fails? That's what the handwriting on the wall says. Buy during times of plenty so you have it during times of scarcity. Don't depend on anyone but yourself.

And no, I didn't need to buy guns or ammo during Obama's time and don't need guns, ammo or TP this time. Why? Because I read the writing on the wall.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Oh. Sorry man!

Yeah. Which is why under "follow the money" I say gun companies are behind most off our perceived crises.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Bob wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:47 am Oh. Sorry man!

Yeah. Which is why under "follow the money" I say gun companies are behind most off our perceived crises.
All part of Hillary's vast right wing conspiracy? LOL

In case you forgot, this all started with the AWB under Clinton and the Democratic congress. With his direction his left wing cronies in the house and senate banned "assault rifles" and ended up getting their butts handed to them in the mid term elections, invoking the law of unintended consequences. I doubt if the gun industry (which is actually pretty small) had anything to do with the AWB or the shootings that started the Obama panic or the coronavirus.

Getting back to "the handwriting on the wall". I suppose you could trace it back to the Gun Control Act of 1968 and the banning of so called Saturday night specials, mail order guns etc, after Bobby Kennedy and MLK were killed. The left never sleeps or haven't you been listening to Clinton, Obama, Bloomberg, Biden, Beto O'Rourke and the rest of them? The point is, the gun industry doesn't have to lift of finger to create a crisis. The left does it for them.
chewybaca67

Post by chewybaca67 »

When Wallly World used to sell 7.62x39 ammo, I would always get a couple of boxes every paycheck, or every other paycheck. That and .22 rimfire. Glad I did as I got a decent stach now. I reload for it, and have collected about 950 relaodable brass cases, but am limtted on projectiles. Anyway, it's interesting how packed the gun store are, and how unavalable ammo and guns are. My 'Ol-lady of 14 years finally gave me "koodos" for relaoding and having dry goods all these years. Heck, things get really bad I could trade boxes of 9mm hp's for food.
Strayz

Post by Strayz »

Welp, Since I am on call and could come in 2 hours late to work, I swung by the local fun store.

I needed more training ammo 6-10 boxes a month goes kinda fast. So I picked up 2 cases of PMC 9mm 115 grn, and 5.56 62 grn tip each. Same day to day prices. Not the cheapest, but it is for training. What I am sad about is the local range is not open for a while. :(

Time to make some fresh Chocolate chip cookies.
Sometimes things need to be said, Other times things must be done.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

chewybaca67 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:44 pm When Wallly World used to sell 7.62x39 ammo, I would always get a couple of boxes every paycheck, or every other paycheck. That and .22 rimfire. Glad I did as I got a decent stach now. I reload for it, and have collected about 950 relaodable brass cases, but am limtted on projectiles. Anyway, it's interesting how packed the gun store are, and how unavalable ammo and guns are. My 'Ol-lady of 14 years finally gave me "koodos" for relaoding and having dry goods all these years. Heck, things get really bad I could trade boxes of 9mm hp's for food.
Define "decent" stash?

See ammo check in the defense sub-forum