What have you done this week to forward your prepping goals 2020

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
Bob
Board Founder

Re: What have you done this week to forward your prepping goals 2020

Post by Bob »

Learning how to cook beans!

Also seriously counting calories and organizing stocks.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

Picked up some more Everclear 190pf ... Plenty in the store,
can drink it or clean your hands, prob even run the car :)
You can't fix stupid !
David
Administrator

Post by David »

tom mac wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:44 pm Picked up some more Everclear 190pf ... Plenty in the store,
can drink it or clean your hands, prob even run the car :)
https://spoonuniversity.com/lifestyle/e ... didnt-know

The effects of drinking straight Everclear are equaled only by the Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster.

"The Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster is an alcoholic beverage invented by ex-President of the Galaxy Zaphod Beeblebrox, considered by the Guide to be the "Best Drink in Existence."[1] Its effects are similar to "having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick."
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

If nothing else, as with most disasters, I'm cleaning up, organizing, and taking stock.
bdc
Board Founder

Post by bdc »

I am going through, room by room. In a few minutes, I go to the paint store so I can do touch up painting.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

The effects of drinking straight Everclear are equaled only by the Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster.

Yes, I remember Doug Adams... good book

But I don't drink it straight... you really can't.

But it's great diluted. For a liter, you get quite a bit depending on how strong you like it.

2 cans frozen apple juice
2 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 heaping tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon apple pie spice
1/3 teaspoon of allspice
1 liter bottle grain alcohol, 190 proof

Add water as wanted to get near about 80 proof about a liter ( your choice how much ) mix in big pot ( no cooking needed ) and of course TASTE while adding more or less of anything to your liking
Jar up in pint / qt jars... enjoy.
You can't fix stupid !
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Mmmm!
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Meanwhile, while sitting around at home I started inventorying my reloading supplies and have decided to reload 44 mags I started loading a couple years ago. Then onward to 357 mag and 38 spl. When I'm done with that then the 45 acp. My goal is to reload 100 a day until I run out of powder, primers and bullets. I probably have enough of each to last a month or two.

Editd to add....Just spent 3 hours in the basement resizing and depriming, then repriming 44 mag brass. I had forgotten how time consuming this is without a progressive loader. This is going to take a lot longer than thought. ;) I did reload about a dozen rounds for testing on my chorongraph when I go up to my cabin this week.

I also inventoried my supply of rubber gloves and N95 masks, just in case. Haven't used any yet. I have several boxes of gloves and about a dozen masks.

My wife has decided to start making masks. Some for us and immediate family and some to donate to the nursing home where my dad is. This prompted my sister to start making masks as well. Invariably I got calls from my brothers whose wives don't sew. "Hey, I know you prep, do you have any extra masks, just in case?"

And....gas was about $160/gallon where I'm at. I gathered up 5 empty gas cans and filled them up. That gives me total of 10 full 5 gallon cans. I'll be taking half of them to my cabin this week. I think I have 2 or 3 empty cans up there as well so if gas stays low I'll get those filled as well.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

finished 300 rounds, 700 more to go in 10mm and 45acp
No lack of powder, heads, primers

But, then we all here should prob have what we need... this is a cake walk compared to no elec/water/etc

latest news in NY, all non required workers to stay home now till April 15. then evaluation if needed
You can't fix stupid !
chewybaca67

Post by chewybaca67 »

David wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:13 pm
chewybaca67 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:59 pm Reloaded the remaining 40 S&W with a 135 grain HP (that'll go about 1500 fps outta 5" barrel) and tested them. If/when things go bad, money, gold, bitbon etc, will likely have no value. Ammo may be of more value than most think.
That is screaming velocity. What 40(s) do you have? I really like that caliber.
Sorry for the delay, I guess I didn't set up notifications. All my 40s are Glocks. Usual carry is a G-23 but to get the most out of that load I orefer my G-35 with a 5.49" barrel. That's my home defense gun...after a shotgun.