Panic buying at walmar?

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
David
Administrator

Re: Panic buying at walmar?

Post by David »

Costco was filled to capacity today. They were limiting the number of people that could enter and the line was about halfway down the side of the building. Noticed they had a big sign out front of all the stuff they were currently out of stock. Aldi had TP and so did Big Lots. We were basically just picking up some laundry detergent while we were out and about.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

I braved the local Giant Eagle tonight. I went as late as possible to avoid crowds. It looked like a hurricane blew through. Aisle after aisle of nothing. I had to pick from the scraps to fill my cart. I've never seen anything like it outside of newsreels from disaster areas.
For Christ's sake, we have like 20 sick people out of 12million in this state. I understand caution, but the panic is outrageous. Gun and ammo sales are spiking, food is scarce, toilet paper is a pipe dream. I like to have a decent stock of supplies, but buying everything you can get your hands on at the drop of a hat is beyond me. Especially when you are paying gouger pricing on stuff like ammo.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Because the fake news media is driving the story for all it's worth to further an agenda. They are causing panic and are in full-throttle fear-monger mode. The media is an enemy of the people at this point. Shut them down for the next 30 days and all would be well.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Did pop into Costco this afternoon. SIL needed some rice and her Costco was out so we told her we’d check ours. They had half a pallet. Also, almost every end cap had either a pallet of TP or paper towels and they were bringing more out. And water was still heavily available. We were able to walk right in but noticed on the way out a line had formed to get in.

Strayz

Post by Strayz »

Went to Costco on sat, it was "interesting". Everyone was polite but there was some serious tension under the politeness.

All paper products were gone. All canned meats, fruits and veggies, except the 1 gallon caned stuff was gone. Cleaning supplies cleaned out except dish cleaner and washing machine soap. Milk was low. Cheese, and butter well stocked. Flour in good shape. Spices also fully there. Rice, beans, and quinoa gone. I was there to pick up some heat and eat things for work, as I am not not going to be able to work from home. Someone has to be there when things have to be fixed and can not be done remotely.

Funny enough, Drink mixes, juice drinks, crackers, and minority foods were all in stock. Beef cuts were in the butcher area and was moving at a good clip. No burger though. One thing all those buying beans and Rice are forgetting. Spices to make things taste gude. LOL. Picked up a box of fried rice mix, other things to dress up the bland food. Plenty of Bouillon, At the rate things are going my extra bottles of tabasco are going to be able to be traded for a '68 Z28 in prime condition. LOL (Not really.)

I am laughing right now as I am eating home made chocolate chip cookies made with Ghirardelli Chocolate and mexican vanilla. Should be able to make a batch a week or two to get us through the middle of July before we need to worry about running out. :) Country folk, they stock up and plan for the lean times while enjoying the good times.

Do not read into this as I am not concerned for my fellow man, this virus has me on edge and I am a little skidish about spending time with people I don't know, or in large groups.
Sometimes things need to be said, Other times things must be done.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Can't wait until the beans and rice people figure out they have no idea what to do with beans and rice.

And of course, in a couple days supplies will be back up...
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

And, this isn't even close to what it could be... take away electricity and the SHTF comes out.

Being well supplied is more of a life style ... gotta know what to do with what you have and live with what you don't.
You can't fix stupid !
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Our local power company, office staff and engineers working from home til May 1st.

Local power plant, all employees and contractors working there are locked in for 30 day shifts.
Relief group will be quarantined for 14 days and then move in to work for 30 day period.