Canned Food

Recipes, freeze-dried, deydrated and all food related threads.
bdc
Board Founder

Re: Canned Food

Post by bdc »

I have been very fortunate to find canned stew on sale. Won't have to heat up if I don't want to do so.

When I was a kid I ate pre-cooked vegetables that were smashed into a slurry by industrial machines. I have been very fortunate to find pre-cooked and canned vegetables. on sale I will use a potato masher. This will suffice for my recovery and that of relatives who I will not be able to avoid.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

That "won't have to heat" thing is something most don't consider. I do!
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:25 pm That "won't have to heat" thing is something most don't consider. I do!
True, a lot of stuff from cans don't have to be heated. Though it isn't difficult to heat up if you have something as easy as an esbit stove. Bob and I know that from experience!
:D
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
bdc
Board Founder

Post by bdc »

The discounted or sale canned goods have disappeared. In some instances, the prices have doubled. No problem, I had already purchased. It works out better for my area. Normally, we have unprepared people dealing with earthquakes. If the panic shopping has had a positive effect, some of the local morons are better prepared now. Moron - a person who thinks flimsy bottled water and a box of Excedrin will combat an epidemic.

I do have a case of isolation gowns. When the girlfriend insists on going to see her full grown, adult children, I will insist that she wear a disposable gown and gloves. It might cause her to think twice about going, unless they are on their death beds, which I strongly doubt will happen.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

David wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:09 pm
Bob wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:25 pm That "won't have to heat" thing is something most don't consider. I do!
True, a lot of stuff from cans don't have to be heated. Though it isn't difficult to heat up if you have something as easy as an esbit stove. Bob and I know that from experience!
I have two Esbits, and enough wax fire chips to make Thanksgiving Dinner :lol:
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:44 am
David wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:09 pm
I have two Esbits, and enough wax fire chips to make Thanksgiving Dinner :lol:
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".