What have you done this week to forward your prepping goals 2020

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
fishingjeff
Board Founder

Re: What have you done this week to forward your prepping goals 2020

Post by fishingjeff »

Scored a duel fuel Coleman lantern for $25 off of Craigslist. Has hardly been used.
Now for the single burner stove.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Just added 100lbs of rice to the supplies.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Until this evening I had all of my gun cleaning supplies spread over a couple of shelves in the back closet. Was at Wallyworld today and bought a $10 tackle box and consolidated all of my supplies into the box. Don't know why I didn't do it before? Heck of a lot easier to tote around now.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
bdc
Board Founder

Post by bdc »

Not very much meat protein is needed to keep one alive. Before WW2, the average American family ate meat once a week according to my research. I added enough meat protein items to keep 4 people going for a month. Why? I expect visits from unprepared relatives who cannot be turned away. It is all good and if things blow over, will be eaten in the normal course of things.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

added 9 new gal bottles of bleach to replace the older as with normal use/rotating
costco is a wonderful thing for supplies ;)
You can't fix stupid !
David
Administrator

Post by David »

tom mac wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:49 am added 9 new gal bottles of bleach to replace the older as with normal use/rotating
costco is a wonderful thing for supplies ;)
And the free samples are nice too! :D
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
chewybaca67

Post by chewybaca67 »

Reloaded the remaining 40 S&W with a 135 grain HP (that'll go about 1500 fps outta 5" barrel) and tested them. If/when things go bad, money, gold, bitbon etc, will likely have no value. Ammo may be of more value than most think.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

chewybaca67 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:59 pm Reloaded the remaining 40 S&W with a 135 grain HP (that'll go about 1500 fps outta 5" barrel) and tested them. If/when things go bad, money, gold, bitbon etc, will likely have no value. Ammo may be of more value than most think.
That is screaming velocity. What 40(s) do you have? I really like that caliber.

tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

Got a few things for car from costco... oil was main item for next oil change ( which I do myself )
You can't fix stupid !
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Had some Bass Pro gift cards so I ordered a half case of 9mm to be delivered to the house. That way I can replace what I'm shooting.