Carrying a modified gun

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Strayz

Re: Carrying a modified gun

Post by Strayz »

On carrying a modified gun.

Go for it. There has yet to be a case that was lost due to a "Modified Gun" that was too dangerous/deadly/ect... You hear it all the time that the opposing counsel will have a field day with it. Like the former LEO above commented. Not an issue.

Modified to make more reliable? Hell yes, but make sure to test it (A lot) before and after and do not make any mods that can not be undone.

Some guns can be modified and changed to make them worth more money, but only in very rare cases. EG... I sent this 1911 Colt 70's series to Ed Brown to have him do a bit of work on it to make it run like I want it to. Again in rare cases or certain people working on a firearm will increase the value of it. Remember that not everyone is worthy in the eyes of the buying public.

-----------------------------------Funny story-----------------------------------

I once had a non-gun person ask me why a certain handgun was worth 20x what a new version of the same firearm was that was sitting on my table at a gun show. I had to explain the firearm was tuned by a very well known gunsmith. Then it was sent to have some very nice engraving done. This with the fact it was a under 200 serial number on a new firearm. After his eyes came back from being glazed over, he just nodded his head and walked away. I am still sure he had no clue what I said other than it is purdy. Funny thing is that the next owner took it on a brown bear hunt, filled his tag with it, took pictures, and now it sits in a glass presentation case under the stuffed bear. Not how I would have kept it but now it has one hell of providence and paperwork (Hunting tags included) along with a ton of history.
Sometimes things need to be said, Other times things must be done.