We are back

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
ratf51
Board Founder

Re: We are back

Post by ratf51 »

OK, I get it, I was gone for a couple of weeks and you moved. Just like my parents tried to do. I guess we have to start generating a lot of new threads and discussions. I hope y'all had a Happy Thanksgiving!
David
Administrator

Post by David »

ratf51 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:13 am OK, I get it, I was gone for a couple of weeks and you moved. Just like my parents tried to do. I guess we have to start generating a lot of new threads and discussions. I hope y'all had a Happy Thanksgiving!
That's what you get for skipping the meetings :D

Yep, time to start filling the board up!
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Dave - did you have backups/downloads of the old one saved at all? I know the pages etc were downloadable in some format.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

The old server was physically sent to Mark (our old Webmaster). I've asked him to check if anything was left of it. As far as backups, no, I didn't have anything current and the last one Mark did was last January. Error on my part, but may not have made a difference. I'll know more once Mark gets the server and has a chance to check it out.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

I've been on a cruise with no internet/cellphone so I didn't even know the board was down until I just got home. Bummer losing all the stuff. There was quite a bit of stuff documented here for future reference.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Mac66 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:55 pm I've been on a cruise with no internet/cellphone so I didn't even know the board was down until I just got home. Bummer losing all the stuff. There was quite a bit of stuff documented here for future reference.
It was a definite bummer. From what I learned from Mark, it was a serious hack that trashed everything on the server, not just us. We weren't the target, just collateral damage. It sucks to have lost all the pics, links and videos. That is why I've taken steps to ensure (as much as I can on my end) that it doesn't happen again. I shelled out some decent cheddar for a paid server (for three years) and some other behind-the-scenes stuff but I figured it was all worth it in the long run.

Good to see all the familiar faces joining back up. :)

Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Even restoring from January would be a good thing...