G2c to G3c toro

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Mac66
Board Founder

G2c to G3c toro

Post by Mac66 »

I'm back in Florida for a couple weeks and brought my G3c TORO slide down to try it on my G2c which I keep here.

The TORO slide slid right on without the binding up problem I had with my 3c.

2c with TORO slide on top
David
Administrator

Re: G2c to G3c toro

Post by David »

Are you going to be able to test it out at the range?
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

I don't think so this trip. Maybe when I get back from the cruise.
Erich

Post by Erich »

Cool!
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Next step is to get some elevated sights for the toro slide so you can co witness the optic. Much easier to pick up the red dot by using the sights alignment.

Got some picked out at shoptaurus.com just waiting for them to go on sale.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Mac66 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:08 pm I don't think so this trip. Maybe when I get back from the cruise.
Did you get the chance to test it out?
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

David wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:34 am
Mac66 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:08 pm I don't think so this trip. Maybe when I get back from the cruise.
Did you get the chance to test it out?
I did. I brought the G2 home from Florida and took it up to the woods house. It works fine. Still haven't mastered the red dot thing i.e, picking up the red dot when drawing and firing. Need more practice.

Thought I would use my new laser training thingy to practice. You can set it up to record splits or timed shots. In other words when it beeps you draw and fire and it records the time. That should help.

And...I intended to buy and mount high sights on the optics slide so you can cowitness the RD. shoptaurus had a st.patricks day 20% off sale but they haven't been in stock for awhile.

And...and....it still surprises me how much I like to shoot and carry the G2c and G3c. Can't find a thing wrong with them.