Snowpocolypse

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
David
Administrator

Re: Snowpocolypse

Post by David »

We had another front move through today so temps are forecast to be in the 30's tomorrow morning and with the windchill the 20's. If it does drop like that it will be the coolest it's been for us so far this year.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

So - it flurried for 10 minutes in FL nearly 50 years ago. I stand corrected - LOL
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

We warmed up to 28 yesterday. Got another cold front moving in on Friday. Then sounds like we will warm back up next week, but be right around that freezing mark which could lead to ice. I don't mine the warmer temps, I don't mind the snow, I can tolerate the colder temps, but I don't like ice.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

It got up to 15 yesterday, currently 21 today so it's warming up. Got a couple inches of fresh snow last night and still lightly but steady snow.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Temps got up to 24 today but we got another 3" of snow last night and this morning.

We are leaving at 5 am Sunday for our drive to FL. Supposed to be clear and dry the whole way (17 hours) hopefully.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

drive safe...
You can't fix stupid !
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Fortunately no playoff games along the route though we will miss the Lions/TB game in Detroit as we'll be out of Mich by 6 am and in the car during the game. I'm not a Lions fan but they are the home town team so we'll be checking on them.

I remember going through Atlanta on the afternoon of a game and the freeway was a parking lot.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Last couple of days I've been in shorts and a T-shirt. Beautiful weather right now.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

David wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:56 am Last couple of days I've been in shorts and a T-shirt. Beautiful weather right now.
Same here. Big difference between here and Michigan this time of year. It warned up to 39 in MI today. 81 here right now.

Just got done playing pickleball.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

We can make up our mind here. One day in the 50s the next back below freezing.