Constitutional Carry

For all discussion related to politics issues.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Re: Constitutional Carry

Post by Bmyers »

The Communist State of Illinois is doing everything in their power to eliminate the 2nd, got to make Chicago safer.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Now that Constitutional Carry (actually Permitless Carry) has passed in Florida the talk has now shifted to Open Carry. Whether or not that would pass is the question but it is being pursued. The climate and landscape has changed a bit in the recent. The Mouse doesn't seem to have quite as much sway and it actually putting up commercial locally telling folks how great they are and how much they help Florida. Personally they can fold up shop as far as I'm concerned.

But it's interesting to follow.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Bmyers wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:39 am The Communist State of Illinois is doing everything in their power to eliminate the 2nd, got to make Chicago safer.
Yet, Komrade, you choose to remain there...

I am not a fan of open carry for numerous reasons - none of which have anything to do with restrictions of freedoms. You open carry if you want.

Media is busy saying "How many more guns have been seized at the airport." Even supposed *ahem* conservative networks.

What they don't tell you is that the actual RATE of gun seizures dropped.

So the number of people flying went up.
And the number of people trying to go through the metal detector went up.
But the number with guns / the numebr travelling actually went DOWN.

Which caused by BS detectors to go up. Basically anti-carry propaganda. There are actually LESS people per 1000 trying to carry a gun onto a plan than before.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Bob wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:25 pm
Bmyers wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:39 am The Communist State of Illinois is doing everything in their power to eliminate the 2nd, got to make Chicago safer.

I am not a fan of open carry for numerous reasons - none of which have anything to do with restrictions of freedoms. You open carry if you want.

Media is busy saying "How many more guns have been seized at the airport." Even supposed *ahem* conservative networks.

Which caused by BS detectors to go up. Basically anti-carry propaganda. There are actually LESS people per 1000 trying to carry a gun onto a plan than before.
You make it sound so easy just to pack up and move. Wife has a career here, family has a farm here, my dad, that we help take care of still lives here.

You may not have any obligations that allow you to move, but I do. It would be easy for me to find another job in my career field. We have had some serious discussions about where to move once the wife is able to retire and sadly when my father is no longer with us. Until that time, relocating isn't an option.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Bmyers wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:23 am
You make it sound so easy just to pack up and move. Wife has a career here, family has a farm here, my dad, that we help take care of still lives here.

You may not have any obligations that allow you to move, but I do. It would be easy for me to find another job in my career field. We have had some serious discussions about where to move once the wife is able to retire and sadly when my father is no longer with us. Until that time, relocating isn't an option.
I suspect that every "issue" you have against moving has a solution.

The question is when does oppression get to be too much. There are a lot of States where I wouldn't even bother to mention. But CA, NY, IL, and WA...maybe a couple of others...

It isn't easy to pack up and move. It is easy to allow freedom to slowly be eroded until nothing is left.

I respect your CHOICE to remain. I do not accept that it can't be done. How much is too much for you is a matter of personal choice.

So let me ask - how old is dad, and how long until the wife can retire. I suspect I/we/you have had this discussion, or at least mentioned it at least once in the past three, if not five years...
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Wife can retire in 2028, she will have the age. She already has the years of service. Dad is 77. Doing better post cancer treatment and pacemaker install. He is starting to get back to more of a normal life. Hoping this summer that he is able to get back out to the farm and start helping a little.

You are a correct, everything is a CHOICE. Yet, when you take in all factors, many CHOICES can become limited.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Bob wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:25 pm

Well...there is something to say about staying and fighting instead of running away

As for open carry...Michigan has always had OC but until about 10 years ago, OC would get your arrested for "brandishing". One dared not to conceal carry in a car and then take off your coat or shirt when exiting the car to fill up with gas or change a tire, or move a uncased firearm from your house to your car etc without covering up. The cops would be called and you'd get popped.

That changed when a 21 year old openly carried an M1 garrand through a park in a ritzy suburb and the police went ape shit. SWAT was called and he was arrested and treated roughly. Except the court ruled in his favor and he won his law suit and it changed things in Michigan forever. Kudo's to him for standing up for his rights. He did it on purpose to test the law. Last I heard he was a pretty successful lawyer.

From my observations, very few people OC all the time. I occasionally see OC with people pumping gas and in stores/restaurants in northern/rural parts of the state. Not so much in the suburbs.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Mac66 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:34 am That changed when a 21 year old openly carried an M1 garrand through a park in a ritzy suburb and the police went ape shit. SWAT was called and he was arrested and treated roughly. Except the court ruled in his favor and he won his law suit and it changed things in Michigan forever. Kudo's to him for standing up for his rights. He did it on purpose to test the law. Last I heard he was a pretty successful lawyer.
Good for him!

I might have mentioned a similar incident in Tampa maybe 10ish or so years back. In Florida a person can OC w/o permit when they are going to/coming from/engaged in fishing, camping, hunting. There was a man fishing at a county park and he was OC. Someone freaked and called the police (Tampa PD). Now the scenario was 'man standing on a dock fishing' i.e. he's minding his own business, pole in the water, enjoying the day and he happened to be OC. Two 'cowboy' Officers arrived and rather than try to hang back and assess the situation, one of them snuck up behind the guy and tried to disarm him by grabbing for the pistol that was holstered on his side. The guy just feels someone tugging on his pistol and turns to strike the grabber. Fortunately he realizes is a Police Officer and doesn't strike him. Very long story short, they detain him, cuff him and place him in one of the cruisers. They take his pistol and keys and illegally search his vehicle and confiscate a pistol and rifle in the trunk. They further run all of the firearms to see if they are stolen (no PC). They released but trespassed the man from the park. Next day the City attorney finds out about the incident and goes ape shit realizing they have violated the man's Constitutional/Civil rights. They should NOT have tried to disarm him. They should not have cuffed/stuffed him. They had no PC to search his vehicle or run his property to see if it was stolen. And they had no cause to trespass. A CCW organization the man belonged to sued the City of Tampa on his behalf and of course won. The man got a check with some zero's on the end and every TPD Officer had to go through mandatory training on the laws concerning carry.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

WTF was wrong with Officer Stupid?

Sneak up and try to grab the gun? Really? Seriously? PLEASE tell me they fired his dunb@$$.

Great way to
a) Get killed - I turn and snap your neck before I register who you are.
b) Have to kill someone - the other officer now has to fire on him because the guy will draw because he is being attacked.

Why aren't police respected? THIS right here.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Just an FYI - the son and i were in a park practicing kung fu. (during covide - just getting out of house for sanity early on) He was using a practice weapon. Metal - but not sharp.

Two Deputies come up on us (I told the boy to put sword on ground as soon as I saw them coming). He asked the kid to hand it to him?!?!?!

Do they not teach you all about distance control? If it WAS real and we were lying, he could have had his head cut off before he knew what hit him.