Sipik (SK68)

Flashlights, lanterns, torches and anything that sheds a little light for your path.
David
Administrator

Re: Sipik (SK68)

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:38 pm MAy have to look into these for my main lights
They are made by a gazillion different companies. The orginal was the Sipik. SK68 is sorta the generic clone name based on the design. There was a time you could get them for 99 cents each. Now I see they are $4 and up. Still an okay price and maybe you can find a multi-pack bargain if you look around a bit. They are all over Amazon and Ebay.

You can get them normally in 1-mode or 3-mode.

I think it's a good main light for someone that isn't 'in' to flashlights i.e. someone that just wants to click a button and turn it on. For me they make a great back up light and I have enough I have them all over the house and still have spares in the drawer.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

I was talking about the batteries.

I buy the Sipik's under all sorts of brands. I use one in the band as my mic stand "spot light" on dark stages so I can see what I'm playing.

Just checked Amazon and 5 UltraFire's 3 way were $20. I use them as my throw around/throw away lights.
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

"I think it's a good main light for someone that isn't 'in' to flashlights i.e. someone that just wants to click a button and turn it on."

Yes. Spot on.

This month in gifting.
The girl friend leaves them with the alkaline battery in. They end up ruined. This month, I gave her a Sipik Sk 68 in plastic bag with a 4 pack of rechargeable batteries. She is a whiz with Apple technology, but it doesn't extend to flashlights. She understands now rechargeables and keeping the battery out of the flashlight.

One of her sons has a new house with an upstairs and a downstairs. Two large plastic baggies. Sipik sk68, 8 rechargeable batteries in a sleeve, a wall charger that handles aa and aaa rechargeable batteries. One bag for upstairs and one for downstairs. He understands flashlights.
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

My girl friend's son bought a house in a mountainous area, the area where power/water/gas is fixed dead last. She forgot to bring the Christmas present with us to the dinner in the mountains. So, I described it and the son's girl friend said it was start because she wanted a flashlight in every room. This week it was announced that they would marry next week.
So here is the list of one part of the Christmas/wedding gifts:
1. 4 single battery 18650 lights with batteries (separate and charged) and a charger.
2. 2 Sipik sk68 lights.
3. 4 AA/AAA chargers
4. a battery substitute kit with light inserts
5. rechargeable and charged AA batteries
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

In some of my rooms I used these wall outlet lights... turns into a flashlight if needed, have a motion sensor to activate when in room, also comes on brighter if power fails... basically a plug in and forget.

https://www.amazon.com/Enhon-Rechargeab ... 30&sr=8-28
You can't fix stupid !
David
Administrator

Post by David »

tom mac wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:17 am In some of my rooms I used these wall outlet lights... turns into a flashlight if needed, have a motion sensor to activate when in room, also comes on brighter if power fails... basically a plug in and forget.

https://www.amazon.com/Enhon-Rechargeab ... 30&sr=8-28
Those are great and we have something similar. Got one at Lowes and a pack of three at Costco. Same idea, motion sensor night lights for normal use and small flashlight that activates during a power outage. Really a handy thing to have around the house.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

Almost done packing the combination Christmas/Wedding gift.

On Friday, the girl friend's son got married at the Beverly Hills Courthouse. Nice guy. Nice gal. Head on his shoulders. Instead of spending $30,000 on a wedding.

The bride has a new home and wanted a flashlight in every room. In the past, I had given them flashlights for the vehicles. Without listing the items, they will receive AA and 18650 flashlights, multiple batteries, chargers, inserts that allow AA batteries to be substituted in 18650 units. Everything is bagged in zip locks so that say a flashlight will be in a room, with spare batteries in clear plastic containers.