Tarp shelters

From clothing to man-made to commercial shelters.
bdcochran

Re: Tarp shelters

Post by bdcochran »

Yes, I have watched stealth camping.

Today, we have videos ranging from stealth camping to living out of a pickup with a camper shell. I watch for ideas.

Years ago, I used to have breakfast in a dive restaurant on a road near the beach. When you observed, you saw the homeless/hoboes/explorers on the main route from Canada to Baja, Mexico. I watch the transportation/cargo carrying contraptions and interview to learn options. Then I constructed a cargo carrier that could be attached to any bicycle and could carry a couple hundred pounds, if necessary.
Mac66
Board Founder

Re: Tarp shelters

Post by Mac66 »

When I was a boy scout leader I usually set up some kind of impromptu shelter instead of a tent during our monthly campouts. Other leaders used tents but I thought it important to practice what we preached.

Of course we also went to summer camp and did debris shelters and lean-tos etc, etc. One summer I did a week long wilderness campout where we had to make out own shelters. Of course that was nearly 30 years ago so I'm probably won't be doing that anymore.

If I'm still alive when my grandsons/daughters come of age and my sons want to expose them to what they did in the scouts back in the day. I have plenty of property to try that kind of stuff out.