Favorite source for Paracord?

The area to discuss BOB's, EDC's, GHB's and other gear. Also includes Comms and other radio topics.
Bob
Board Founder

Favorite source for Paracord?

Post by Bob »

I have a couple of paracord projects coming up. Anyone got any favorite online sources for good cord, selection, and price?
David
Administrator

Re: Favorite source for Paracord?

Post by David »

Not online, but in-store. Joann’s Fabrics or Michael’s Crafts has 550 paracord and not places will accept Joann’s 20% off coupons. Multiple colors and they also have clasps if you want to make a bracelet.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
bdc
Board Founder

Post by bdc »

Good idea David! I have bought rolls over the years. Whatever the source, I would deal with the US manufacturer directly. Sometimes, I would buy 650 cord. I would never buy from eBay with a PRC source.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

bdc wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:22 am Good idea David! I have bought rolls over the years. Whatever the source, I would deal with the US manufacturer directly. Sometimes, I would buy 650 cord. I would never buy from eBay with a PRC source.
Agreed on PRC sources. Fine for some stuff but definitely not everything. With the coupon, I’ve found Joann’s Fabric hard to beat price wise and they usually have a decent selection.

Bob, the one over by the mall near me is where I shop for paracord.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

I'm really looking for selection here.

But I can check Joann/Michaels.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Amazon has a ton of places - but hard to determine source, quality etc. There are apparently paracord snobs....
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

I've bought paracord from these guys several times. Occasionally it goes on sale for $3/100 ft but I've bought it for at $5/100ft several times as well.

https://www.opsgear.com/collections/paracord
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

I know opsgear! HA - haven't been there in years.

I went with Planet Paracord.
KILLERtj

Post by KILLERtj »

Sorry, no online sources that I can think of. I've had really good luck with the 2 localish Army Surplus stores. They have a pretty good selection of Atwood and heck, supporting USA and shop local in one trip!

KILLERtj
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Michaels Crafts had some decent stuff. I was really looking to make a certain fashion statement with my choices....