Your next purchase/trade?

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
David
Administrator

Your next purchase/trade?

Post by David »

So what pistol/revolver/long gun do you not currently have but would like to add?

Overall I'm pretty satisfied with my current inventory. However, I sold me Gen 3 Glock 21 a while back so now I don't have a 45acp pistol. Still have ammo for it of course. I'd like to add another Glock 21, preferably in Gen 5 but if I saw a Gen 4 at a price I couldn't pass up it would be fine.

Or an HK USPc 45 or HK45c would fill the ticket nicely.

I wouldn't be opposed to a Sig P250 in 45acp either. I had one years ago and liked it quite well but I was in my BST stage at the time and let it go.

I haven't tried a P320 in 45acp so that may be of interest.

Basically something in 45acp would be on the radar for the next think. I like to have the service calibers covered.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Re: Your next purchase/trade?

Post by Bob »

On my "Without hesitation" list:
USPc 9mm in Stainless

On my legit I really need list:
9mm Carbine of some sort
Snub .357

Like but don't need / just dreaming:
.20g Shockwave - just for 20g
A real 1911 style
A "Zombified" Glock 17/19
An AK pistol or SBR
AK Underfolder
Generic AR of some sort
Sig 229?
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:59 pm On my "Without hesitation" list:
USPc 9mm in Stainless
I agree, there is something about a two-tone USPc. Few and far between but I've seen them every now and again on FGT.
Bob wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:59 pm 9mm Carbine of some sort
There are several good ones to choose from these days. Stradely loves his Ruger PC9. I like my Sub 2K's and Hi Point 995TS. I'd really like to have either/both the HP 4095TS and/or 4595TS. People like to kid about Hi Point but their carbines shoot.
Bob wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:59 pmSig 229?
Gotta say that I'm very impressed with both of my 229's. Nail-driver accurate and just feels like a substantial, solid gun in the hand. I'd recommend it without hesitation.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

I'm pretty well covered, in fact I've been whittling down my collection.

I was real tempted to pick up a Sub 2000 recently as they are on sale with a $100 factory rebate. But I don't really need a PCC, I have a UZI (which works fine but is really heavy) and a CCU in .45 acp.

Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

I would love an UZI. THAT would be a reason to get the TAx Stamp for an SBR!!!!
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

If I never buy another gun, I'm fine;

2 12g shotguns
.22 pistol/rifle
.357 pistol/lever
9mm's: USP, 92F, HiPower, Glock
AK
Rem7600
A few others...

But darn I love them.
Gnepig
Board Founder

Post by Gnepig »

My current whims/ needs are met but I would love a Tommy gun...
... Just a Dude...