Potatoes

Here you can post your DIY projects or links/videos.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Potatoes

Post by Bmyers »

Went out to the farm and checked on our potato plants and they are doing well. We decided to plant another row of them. Hilled up the ones that were out of the ground and added a little fertilizer.

Almost have ministry of finance convinced that we need a nice 72 inch rototiller for the tractor.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Re: Potatoes

Post by Bmyers »

Followed up on the Potatoes Saturday. The second crop, a little over halve of them are out of the ground, but we have had zero rain. Sunday we got a good soaker, so I'm hoping the others breakthrough. The second crop wasn't tall enough to hill, but the first crop needed more dirt.

Looking forward to harvest time.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I checked on the potatoes last Saturday and they are growing well. We even have a couple plants where my wife tossed rotten potatoes to the side, which they end up growing into plants. I will be curious to see what the harvest looks like when the time comes.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Since the rain missed us, wife and I went out and hilled up the potatoes and water them. It will be the last hilling of them, you can see that buds are getting ready to open on them.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Well, dug potatoes and it was a fail. We only got a handful of good ones. Most had been attacked by bugs and were rotten. Some we found were just way to small. The dry conditions and bugs destroyed the crop.

Already planning for next season and seeing what we can do to make it better.