70 Mile ATV Ride

The section for discussion on all things involving transportation; vehicles, boats, planes and more.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Re: 70 Mile ATV Ride

Post by Bmyers »

Almost 400 people, that is a good turnout.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Yeah, it's funny that some people complained about how many people there were, they complained about the Bronco. They complained about the DNR enforcing off road laws (a couple tickets were issued for various infractions) one jackass was doing donuts on the gravel forest road which tears of the road and causes ruts. They complained that it was the same route/course as last year and the year before.

My wife and I found it to be fun.They paraded us through town at the beginning. The stops and activities were fun. The food was good. The route was fine. We met a lot nice people, and were made to feel a part of the community. We will be inviting my brother(s) and wife(s) and my sister and her husband next year.

Here's the link to the facebook page...

https://www.facebook.com/GladwinCountyORVFunRun/
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

It is sad that few bad apples can cause issues at a very fun event.

I watched a video of the parade through the town. It looks much more civilized than the one I seen in St. Louis which was NOT an 'organized' event.

Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Typical small town America...That was last year's parade. Pretty much the same as the year before and this years. That Chevy dealer is the on the edge of town and is the turn around place. The whole downtown main street is maybe 1/2 mile long. This was the tenth year doing this, though I only heard about it 2 years ago.

We met and rode with another couple on a two up ATV that were from Michigan but are full time RVers. They've been full timing for 12 years. They have a huge motorhome pulling a F250 with their ATV in the back. They come back to Michigan in the summers to visit friends and relatives. They boon dock in the Arizona desert in the winter. My wife and I talked about full timing at some point but with our mothers in their 90s and grandkids coming we chose to build the woods house instead.