Heat wave

The place to gather and chat about any and all topics not covered elsewhere on the board.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Heat wave

Post by Bmyers »

I don't know which one of you southerners left open the door and let the heat escape north, but you all can have it back.

Yesterday it felt like 111 degrees, today they are saying 114 degrees. I knew it was going to be hot when I headed to the gym this morning at 4AM and the SUV showed 87 degrees already.
tom mac
Board Founder

Re: Heat wave

Post by tom mac »

Funny how heat bothers dif people...

Was high 80s yesterday with humidity feeling like mid 90s.

Wife still wanted a fire in the outdoor fireplace for ambiance , me sitting under deck umbrella sipping a cold one. ( shaking my head )
You can't fix stupid !
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

We have finally broke the short heatwave. Unfortunately it was broken with strong storms, still have people in the area without power. We have trees and branches down at the farm, so that will be my weekend project.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

1000002051.jpg
1000002051.jpg (312.29 KiB) Viewed 5135 times
One of the trees that came down. It was on the list to be taken down this fall, mother nature saved us a little cutting.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Pretty dry and hot here in June. Hot but rain every 2-3 days in July. That's kept the humidity up. Worked up at the house for 4-5 days a week throughout july. 80s & 90s almost every day. Brutal weather. Usually get up and out early in the morning until it gets too hot. Sometimes rain in the afternoon, a little bit cooler in the evening but still humid. A quick ride on the ATV or mini bikes to cool off but it's usually too hot and buggy to sit out in the evening.

Will be back up 4-5 days a week throughout August and Sept. Still lots to do.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

We went from drought to lots of rain and under a flash flood watch today. Forecasted for 2-4 inches with local areas receiving 6+ inches. This rain should help save the soybeans, but I think the corn may already be done. I doubt if there are any record crops this season.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Spent Saturday cutting up the tree and cleaning up the mess. Once I got that done, then mowed before the next round of storms hit.
Trunk1.jpg
Trunk1.jpg (469.05 KiB) Viewed 5107 times
I guess we can see why this one fell over.
Tree11.jpg
Tree11.jpg (448.37 KiB) Viewed 5107 times
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Well the heat is back, guessing it is the last big wave before the change over to fall.

..EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM CDT
THURSDAY...

* WHAT...Dangerously hot conditions with heat index values up to 117.

* WHERE...Portions of south central, southwest, and west central
Illinois. Portions of central, east central, northeast, and
southeast Missouri.

* WHEN...Until 10 PM CDT Thursday.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

It's been quite cool in northern Michigan last week. Actually felt like fall...50s to mid 60s during the day, high 40s mid 50s at night at least until Sunday when it was 92. I'm back in SE Mich for a few days then back north. Low 80s today, 70's until Thursday then in the 90s. Back into the 70s through the weekend.