Hog hunting

The section for hunting, fishing, camping, hiking and all of our outdoor adventures. This section includes gardening and the harvesting of game and other edibles.
David
Administrator

Re: Hog hunting

Post by David »

Erich wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:08 pm What a great thread!
Making me hungry for some bacon!

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Not a big fan of canned, game farm hunts but for what you spend on regular hunting (i have tens of thousands of dollars invested in my hunting property) it provides a quick and easy way to go hunting. And if you've never hunted before It might be a good way to try.

At this place, a half day pig hunt was $245 with a 98% success rate and includes butchering. You are not guaranteed a trophy boar but at least you'll get some meat. And it's pretty fun, you can try out your guns. They also do deer, turkey and alligator hunts.

I going to try and get my oldest son down to Florida for a pig hunt. He lives in Chicago and hasn't been able to hunt with us for many years. He just got a new job and has better vacation time so maybe next year I can get him down there for a hunt.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Mac66 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:41 pm
David wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:54 am Enjoy my friend!!!

I love cruising. Mostly the western Caribbean but did do the eastern once. I'd like to do it again. A 70's theme cruise would be awesome!
It was pretty cool. Foreigner was there, one of the original guys from Boston had a band that played Boston, Ambrosia, 10CC, Little River Band, lead singer from Chicago, lead singer fro Player, Melissa Manchester, Maria Mulduer, The Guess Who, Badfinger, Atlanta Rythm Section and... some tribute bands for Sly and the Family Stone, Queen, Bread, Eagles, Bee Gees, Wings, Blues Brothers and some cover bands that played everything from the 70s.

Look up 70s Rock & Romance on Google. They also do a 60s Flower Power cruise and a bunch more theme cruises.
I'm playing in an 80's hair metal tribute right now, but I love all that stuff!

Anyway - back to the bacon...what's up with it?!?!?!
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Well... we put together a wild game dinner up at the house last weekend and invited my sister, brother and their spouses. Pork, venison and turkey were on the menu along with some fresh asparagus from my brothers garden.. Some, wine , bourbon and other libations added to the festivities. A good time was had by all.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

OK - I am vowing to kill (and eat) a pig this season!!!!

My Remington 7600 needs some blood on it.
And I need BACON!!!!
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

FYI MAC - if you are gonna be at the villages, let us know. We all need to do a meet up. Or a Meat up, with fresh pig.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Just saw this. I will definitely give you a bump when I come back down there. Probably won't be until next winter.