Cut down some trees

The place to gather and chat about any and all topics not covered elsewhere on the board.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Cut down some trees

Post by Bmyers »

We cut some down some old dead trees around the farm house. My nephews were on the tractors, one on the MF383 the other on my Kubota. They had a fun day of moving trees/brush. Have to work on getting some old fences removed before we can do more clean up there. We have three larger trees that will be taken down this fall once the crops are out of the field.
20230722_091235-1.jpg
20230722_091235-1.jpg (505.9 KiB) Viewed 3772 times
David
Administrator

Re: Cut down some trees

Post by David »

That thing looks like it will really do a days work.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Those grapples work well. I have one on my tractor.

I have a large dead oak next to my barn that needs to come down. It was alive when we built the barn. Apparently covering up the base of the tree killed it. I'm dreading taking it down. May do it in the fall when the weather cools off.

Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I always dislike taking down trees next to buildings. No matter how careful you are, there is always the possibility that the tree decides to do its own thing.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

David wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:11 am That thing looks like it will really do a days work.
The grapple has become one of my most valuable attachments. We previously had used the bucket with hooks on it and just chain everything and drag it off. Once I got the grapple, it was a huge game changer. Saves your back, makes quick work of moving brush old scrap metal. The grapple is worth every penny I paid for it.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Bmyers wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:47 pm
David wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:11 am That thing looks like it will really do a days work.
The grapple has become one of my most valuable attachments. We previously had used the bucket with hooks on it and just chain everything and drag it off. Once I got the grapple, it was a huge game changer. Saves your back, makes quick work of moving brush old scrap metal. The grapple is worth every penny I paid for it.
Yup!

Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Nice setup.