Kidney stone

Preparedness starts with good health. Section for all things health and exercise related. Including discussions of current events in the world of health and medicine.
David
Administrator

Kidney stone

Post by David »

Well Monday brought a 24-hour bout of A-fib that wiped me out a bit. Went back into sinus rhythm Tuesday morning. But then about mid afternoon I wasn't urinating at all and my back and abdomen started hurting pretty bad. So up to the ER (which luckily is right at the entrance to our sub-division). The next 10 hours was a CAT scan, morphine IV, blood work and antibiotics in the IV. Yep, 5mm stone that is in the process of passing along with a kidney infection. So I've been laying low since then trying to recover.

Oh, and they found I have a hernia as well. Not affecting anything and not associated with the problem I was having. Probably there since my heavy lifting days back in my 40's.

Back pain is gone and at least I can pee now :lol:
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
tom mac
Board Founder

Re: Kidney stone

Post by tom mac »

feel better...
been there , got the t-shirt. Not fun
You can't fix stupid !
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Ran a fever as high as 102.5 over the weekend. Back to normal now but it sure beat me up with the aches and chills. Last couple of days I've just been very tired. In and out of rhythm because of the stress on my body. Very much looking forward to feeling completely well with energy!

If I've passed the stone I didn't notice. Not sure if that means I haven't or if it broke up and passed?
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

That sucks. Hope you feel better soon.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

last time the stone ended up in my bladder....
they had to go get it ... OOOOOHHHHHHHH !
You can't fix stupid !
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

No fun at all. Dad has been fighting a bladder infection, on his second round of antibiotics, but he is starting to come out of it. As with you, he is out of his rhythm right now and wishing that he felt better.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

The bill for 8 hours in the ER was 18k! That is completely ridiculous. All they did was a cat scan of the area, a bag of fluids, a bag of antibiotics, an Xray and some blood work. They 'waved' 12k because United Health Care made them. But here's the kicker, for some reason UHC thinks they are now the 'secondary' insurance and only paid a portion. They think I have Medicare Part B. I don't. I paid my $150 copay for the ER visit but now the ER want's to bill me $2400 for the portion UHC won't pay.

So several phone calls and a trip to the ER billing office yielded that they needed a letter from Medicare saying I don't have Part B before they put themselves as primary. That was about a month ago and it's suppose to take a month or so to get straightened out. Don't have high hopes it will be the first time around because these big companies right hand doesn't know what the left is doing.