Dodged another bullet

Preparedness starts with good health. Section for all things health and exercise related. Including discussions of current events in the world of health and medicine.
Mac66
Board Founder

Dodged another bullet

Post by Mac66 »

So...I came home last Monday from visiting my mom, pulled in the driveway and....just sat there. I zoned out for a minute, got dizzy and had a wave of nausea (I didn't throw up). Went in the house to tell my wife I was home but I couldn't get the words out. They were in my brain but I couldn't speak them. She looked at me funny and then started asking me questions. I couldn't answer. Went in the family room and sat down. 20 minutes later I was okay i.e. back to normal.

Well, she called the doctor and my son who's a trauma PA. Both said take him to ER. So I found myself in ER for 2 days and in observation (just off ER) for another 2 days while they poked and probed, did MRIs, heart ultrasound, heart catheter, CT scan, blood tests etc, etc. Initially they were looking at a mini stroke. Then it was my heart valve (it was replaced 10 years ago). Both were ruled out. Ultimately it came down to the medication I take for my heart valve. So I lost 4 days, but at least my brain, arteries and heart are in pretty good shape for my age. No signs of blockages, tumors, clots, ballooning, aneurysms, hardening, disease or anything else says the neurologist and cardiologists. Finally sent me home last night. I can't even imagine what the bill for that is would be (I have good insurance so it's all covered).
tom mac
Board Founder

Re: Dodged another bullet

Post by tom mac »

good to hear your ok...
keep ducking !
You can't fix stupid !
Erich

Post by Erich »

Yikes - glad they checked it out so thoroughly and that it's okay.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Bottom line....It sucks getting old(er).
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

yes it does, but enjoy what's left of your time
AND you can't take your money with you :)
You can't fix stupid !
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Very glad you're okay.

Health challenges can simply suck. We do the best we can and go through them the best we can. Stay healthy!
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".