Knife Maintenance

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
tom mac
Board Founder

Re: Knife Maintenance

Post by tom mac »

Took a chance from Amazon on this sharpening setup...
Knowing I could return in less than 30 days.

Took a little practice and about 3x usage to bring most of my kitchen knifes ( and pocket folder ) to a good blade.
One set of holes are 25d, the second set for 20d
Going to keep it.

You can't fix stupid !
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

Looks a lot like it was copied from the Spyderco unit.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

as all good product made in china :)
just plain copied.
You can't fix stupid !
G29Guy

Post by G29Guy »

tom mac wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:48 am How about a good cheap way to sharpen knifes ??
Buy a new one
🤷‍♂️
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

I find buying more knives reduces the wear and tear eon any one of them...thus reducing the need for maintenance.
Gnepig
Board Founder

Post by Gnepig »

Bob wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 9:47 pm I find buying more knives reduces the wear and tear eon any one of them...thus reducing the need for maintenance.
This is me^, I suck at sharpening knives= always have and I have a lot of different sharpening implements. I even have the one pictured above but from Lansky...
... Just a Dude...
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Gnepig wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 2:32 am
Bob wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 9:47 pm I find buying more knives reduces the wear and tear eon any one of them...thus reducing the need for maintenance.
This is me^, I suck at sharpening knives= always have and I have a lot of different sharpening implements. I even have the one pictured above but from Lansky...
I too struggle with maintaining the edge on my knife, even with a handful of different sharpening tools. Although I think the biggest issue, I don't take the time. I know my EDC knife needs sharpening. I thought about it Saturday at the farm and then quickly forgot. I read this thread at work and I'm reminded I need to sharpen my knife. My guess is by the time I get home, I will have forgotten again.