DeSantis expects Florida lawmakers to pass 'constitutional carry' gun law in 2023

For all discussion related to politics issues.
David
Administrator

Re: DeSantis expects Florida lawmakers to pass 'constitutional carry' gun law in 2023

Post by David »

That's a LOT of green!
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Re: DeSantis expects Florida lawmakers to pass 'constitutional carry' gun law in 2023

Post by Bmyers »

Yes!

Thee expectation is that sometime this week the first lawsuit will be filed. The general consensus is that the law is going to fall. The frustrating part, I think they may accomplish one of their key goals which is to reduce/eliminate the FFLs in the State. Many are struggling with the previous new laws the State put into place and this could be the straw that breaks them while they wait for the law to be overturned.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

ON the Illinois front over a half dozen lawsuits have been filed. Now we wait for the process to work its way through the court system.

I was seeing that Florida looks like it is in the final steps of becoming State number 26 for Constitutional carry.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bmyers wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:44 am I was seeing that Florida looks like it is in the final steps of becoming State number 26 for Constitutional carry.
We'll see if the Rino's step up and actually adhere to their oath. If they do then DeSantis will sign it into law.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Several TROs have been issued in our State against the new law. It will be interesting to see what they try to come up with next.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Seems like a lot of debate is still going on in Florida. The anti-2A advocates obviously don't want the bill to pass, the more Conservative want it to include open carry.

Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

David wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:57 pm
Bmyers wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:44 am I was seeing that Florida looks like it is in the final steps of becoming State number 26 for Constitutional carry.
We'll see if the Rino's step up and actually adhere to their oath. If they do then DeSantis will sign it into law.
You say 'Oath' like any politician cares about that...

They have one 'Oath' - Win and make money.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:28 pm
David wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:57 pm
You say 'Oath' like any politician cares about that...

They have one 'Oath' - Win and make money.
Unfortunately you are 'mostly' right. There are a few exceptions but they are few and far between.