Newest gun or latest upgrade

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
David
Administrator

Re: Newest gun or latest upgrade

Post by David »

Okay, I decided to break my dry spell. I've been wanting an HK P30s DA/SA in 40 S&W. Not exactly a unicorn but I haven't seen one for some time in my area for sale. The LGS I've dealt with several times had one on their website. So I ordered it. Arrived yesterday.

Forgive the GT/ST shout out. I'm on staff on both forums and had threads already started on these pistols.

Only issue is the left rear lamp on the night sight is almost dead. I'll have to contact HK about that on Monday.

Just before I was headed out to pick up the P30 I was checking out the FGT website and saw this P229 DA/SA advertised.

In 40 S&W but also came with a 357sig barrel, holster, extra grips and a box of 50 125g Gold Dots.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
JDH

Post by JDH »

The dead night site is not the only problem based on the first picture.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

JDH wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:21 pm The dead night site is not the only problem based on the first picture.
Are you referring to the HK 'No Compromise' authenticity test :lol:
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
JDH

Post by JDH »

David wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:21 am
JDH wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:21 pm The dead night site is not the only problem based on the first picture.
Sure, and the magazine.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

JDH wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:11 pm
Sure, and the magazine.
The magazine is the Hk 'No Compromise' authenticity test :lol:

Do you know what I'm referring to?
Attachments
f1e9b94c478d2eea8fc6de1e2bf3760e4e12423ba6323f056c83d2e040c3b4a6-352714837.jpg
f1e9b94c478d2eea8fc6de1e2bf3760e4e12423ba6323f056c83d2e040c3b4a6-352714837.jpg (278.42 KiB) Viewed 27625 times

JDH

Post by JDH »

David wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:16 pm
JDH wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:11 pm

Sure, and the magazine.
The magazine is the Hk 'No Compromise' authenticity test :lol:

Do you know what I'm referring to?

Okay, my memory may be slowing down now that I have reached minimum retirement age but now that you posted it I remember when we opened that box of the new H&K catalogs when they arrived at the gun shop and seeing that cover. The shop owner refused to display them.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Just got off the phone with HK CS. Per their instructions I sent an email with the photo I have above of the rear sights. They gave me a choice of sending the pistol back to them or sending me the rear sight. I have a sight pusher so I'll just have them send me a rear sight and pop it on myself.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Night sights shipped today and are on there way via FedEx.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Gnepig wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:10 am
David wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:23 am
Gnepig wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:51 pm The sights are flat out- no life left in them, I will have to replace them also (if I want them to glo). I am excited to go shoot this one.

$400 bucks for a full sized Glock in 45acp is an awesome deal- ever since I seen Daves post about it I couldn't think about anything else!..
Other than the 3 G21's They didn't have any other police trade-ins left when we were there this past Monday.

Altho there ammo prices are kinda high they had some, also had a lot of guns.
SCT is a cool place, I will be going back.
Have you replaced the sights? Have you had a chance to shoot it?
I have not even shot it yet, work has been crazy. Thanx for reminding me that I even have it- I will try to make it to the range soon.

That is a cool G35 with the fun sticks, the color is awesome. How does it shoot?..

Have you shot it yet?

Gnepig
Board Founder

Post by Gnepig »

Sadly I have not but I have a few new to me guns that have not been tried. Seems time has been fleeting or I have become just a hoarder.
... Just a Dude...