Your EDC multi-tool

A section for knives, axes, multi-tools and all things blades.
bdcochran

Re: Your EDC multi-tool

Post by bdcochran »

For years, I acquired multi-tools, knives, swords, hatchets used and refurbished the same. Deliberately, I stopped two years ago. Then I commenced downsizing. Previously, I have given away the muti-tools other than Leatherman Waves to relatives. This week I am sending one to a retired mentor and the second one to a relative graduating high school. I am the stand-in for the father who took off when he was born.
Erich

Post by Erich »

This Squirt lives on the key chain - I never think about it, but it probably gets used for one thing or another a couple times a week.

Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

I have a bunch of multitools but my EDC one is a basice Leatherman Kick. It was given to me just before I retired by a vendor. Nothing special but it's fairly light and handy and I haven't lost it yet...just can't remember where I put it this weekend. ;)
Last edited by Mac66 on Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

My choices: Wave. If I am traveling by air, then my choice changes. I have no control over my luggage. This means that I carry a lesser model from Leatherman that has a scissors.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Erich wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:17 pm Image

This Squirt lives on the key chain - I never think about it, but it probably gets used for one thing or another a couple times a week.

What is that rechargeable flashlight? Looks nice.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Erich

Post by Erich »

It's this: www.fenix-store.com/fenix-e02r-keychain ... 00-lumens/

I got it when they were introduced a couple years ago, and it's been reliable. It doesn't look shiny now, though! This picture is almost a year old, so that should give you an idea . . .

David
Administrator

Post by David »

I like that Fenix!

200 lumens is quite respectable for such a small light. And even better is the 15 lumen low for 6.5 hours of run time. I like a light that has extended run times and 15 lumens is enough for quite a few tasks. Nice that it's rechargeable while still on the key chain.

Very nice.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".