EDC for 2022

The area to discuss BOB's, EDC's, GHB's and other gear. Also includes Comms and other radio topics.
David
Administrator

EDC for 2022

Post by David »

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Re: EDC for 2022

Post by Mac66 »

I kinda laughed at the gigantic Invicta watch. Those things are more bling/jewelry that practical. My watch is a a solar powered Pulsar (now made by Seika) that my wife gave me 30+ years ago. Never had to wind it or change the battery ever. It beat and scarred but keeps on ticking. Even though it's not a dive watch per se, it's good to 100 meters and I wear it diving. And I'm not sure about carrying three flashlights. Either one of the larger ones would be fine with his key chain light.

But...overall I pretty much EDC the same thing.

My EDC pistol is my Ruger LC9s pro stuck in my waistband with a pocket carried extra mag. I've been also carrying a Leatherman Kick instead of a knife. Just more practical for me since I'm back and forth to my woods house so much. There is always something to adjust, tighten etc.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

From left to right:
  • Car key chain w/kubaton, Thrunite Ti3 AAA flashlight, Glostik and keys. I've had the kubaton for over 25 years.
  • Sig P365X with IWB holster. I never use to carry IWB but lately it really seems to work well with the P365.
  • Orange Zippo lighter w/ranger band.
  • Survival key chain w/pocket clip, Thrunite TiS AAA flashlight, SAK Tinker which I've also had for over 25 years, Glostik.
  • 15-round mag in Kytex Shooting Gear holder.
  • Hawkbill Crossbill knife.
  • RFID card holder.
  • Badge wallet w/I.D.'s.
  • Apple 4 watch.
The Thrunite AAA lights compliment and back each other up. Provide a good amount of light from firefly (0.04 lumens 115 hours) to High (120 lumens for 30 minutes), low (12 lumens for 6 hours) and hidden strobe feature.

I like the little Glostiks on each of the key chains because it makes them easy to locate in the dark and provides passive, renewable light.

The defense package provides 28 rounds of 9mm ammunition. Kubaton is a good defensive tool as well.

Two knives, the SAK with several usable tools. The Crossbill is a useful rescue tool as well as SD and daily things like opening packages.

The pocket suspension clip I've talked about at length before and is worth it's weight in gold imo.

RFID case holds all my necessary cards and such.

Badge wallet has my badge, retiree card and other I.D.'s which I wanted to be kept separate from my credit and other cards.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Mine is really unchanged.

Pocket knife (kershaw)
Flashlight (Olight M2R Warrior)
Wallet
Watch
Spare mag to match whichever pistol I'm carrying
Carry pistol
-G43
-G43X
-G26
Keys with a fire starter on it

Just depending on my mood.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

I personally carry Wallet, Keys,, Watch, and usually Swiss Army knife. If carrying (Which I do a lot more) Walther PPS.

But, in my car....lets just say there is more
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Only thing that has changed for me is that I carry the P365XL most of the time. Just really like that pistol. I took the kubaton off my 'survival' key chain after I got the new vehicle. It has push button ignition so the keys really don't come out of my pocket after I lock the front door on the way out.

I'd like to get one of those thin credit card wallets if I can find one I like. The zip one is great, but if the pockets are smaller (as they are in some of my shorts) then something thinner would be nice.