So - Nuclear preps?

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
Bob
Board Founder

So - Nuclear preps?

Post by Bob »

Since the utter total mishandling of Ukraine (on all sides) has lead to nuclear weapons coming up on the table...

How are you prepped for this?

**Full disclosure: I believe prepping for Nukes, Asteroid strikes, etc is a foolhardy endeavor, but that's my prerogative. That said - it is a thing that can happen...

Comments?
tom mac
Board Founder

Re: So - Nuclear preps?

Post by tom mac »

No prep for that here.... Tho the US just spent a lot of money for it.

WASHINGTON, Oct 7 (Reuters) - The U.S. government this week bought $290 million in supplies of a drug designed to treat blood cell injuries following radiological and nuclear emergencies as part of what it said were long-standing efforts to prepare for potential health impacts from threats to national security.
You can't fix stupid !
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Potential health impacts from threats to national security?

They all need tarred, feathered, and then hung.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

A nuclear attack would be very difficult yo prep for. Yes, you could make you house into a pseudo bomb shelter and have tablets on hand to take. Yet, without getting to a location that is not contaminated, your long term survival chances are minimal.

The impact of strike even if not in your area would be huge. The disruption to the supply chain, food shortages, etc. would be huge.

It reminds me of a Bible passage Matthew 24:22 And if those days had not been cut short, no human being would be saved. But for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Debating digging a tornado/storm shelter at the new house. It would double as a root caller, maybe a storage bunker /fallout shelterc. The question is whether I put it under the house (there is a 4' crawl space i could dig out) or under the new storage bldg (it has a gravel floor) , or dig it into a hill behind the bldg.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

If really going that far.... I'd put mine separate from the house.

But as mentioned, in this event and my location It prob be a waste of time.
You can't fix stupid !
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Mac66 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:21 pm Debating digging a tornado/storm shelter at the new house. It would double as a root caller, maybe a storage bunker /fallout shelterc. The question is whether I put it under the house (there is a 4' crawl space i could dig out) or under the new storage bldg (it has a gravel floor) , or dig it into a hill behind the bldg.
The advantage about having it in the house, quick access. The disadvantage to having it in the house, could be trapped in it for a while till rescue could get you out.