Weapon Mounted Lights (WML)

Flashlights, lanterns, torches and anything that sheds a little light for your path.
David
Administrator

Weapon Mounted Lights (WML)

Post by David »

Well, I finally broke down and ordered a TLR-6 for my P365. Ordered off Ebay for $95 w/free shipping which is the best price I found. Also ordered a custom IWB/OWB hybrid holster off Ebay to accommodate the pistol with the light. Although the Pl series offers more lumens, I like the Streamlight offering and feel that 100 lumens is sufficient for my needs. Went back and forth on it for almost a year but decided to go ahead and treat myself.

Who has what light on what gun?
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Re: Weapon Mounted Lights (WML)

Post by Ronin.45 »

I have a PL-Mini that I can slap on my G17 if we are shooting a low-light match. My suppressed bedside G17 has a PL-Pro and I recently added a PL-Pro to my suppressed SBR so I can run low-light carbine if I want.

The Streamlight is a great unit. You should be well served by it.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I received the TLR-6 yesterday. Put it on my P365 and it fit just fine and I think I'm going to really like it. Unfortunately, the holster I ordered for it, a kydex/leather iwb/owb hybrid just isn't going to work. It fit the pistol and light fine, but I normally carry OWB and this holster rides too high for OWB carry. You get that top-end flop and it prints terribly under a t-shirt, which is pretty much standard Florida wear 360 days out of the year. I did find an alternative holster that is very similar to what I use now, a straight kydex that should worked well. Ordered it last night. So I had to take the light back off so I can continue to carry it until the new holster gets here.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

My night stand pistol, a Glock 19X with TLR-8. 500 lumens of light-up-your-life-for-bump-in-the-night situations.

Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

IMG_20191127_105554_315.jpg
IMG_20191127_105554_315.jpg (24.71 KiB) Viewed 40084 times
I chose a Glock as well, but with an Olight PL-Pro.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Ronin.45 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:58 am IMG_20191127_105554_315.jpg
I chose a Glock as well, but with an Olight PL-Pro.
G17? How many rounds with that extended mag? Did you need to get a different spring?

Nice set up with the optic as well. :)

Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

That's a Dawson +6 so it'll hold 23+1 if I topped it off(which I don't).
They come with an extra powered spring. I also run 21rd PMags in it when I use it at a match.
aerynsun

Post by aerynsun »

I'm not a big fan of permanently attached lights for civilian. It gives the bad guy a target.

I suggest a good/small hand held light. You have more options. You can hold it away from you at arms length or under the gun.

Also, you can use it without pulling out your gun.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Ronin.45 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:05 pm That's a Dawson +6 so it'll hold 23+1 if I topped it off(which I don't).
They come with an extra powered spring. I also run 21rd PMags in it when I use it at a match.
That is a very good amount of rounds on tap and 1500 lumens will definitely light up pretty much anything you need lighting up. I could see that as especially useful if you lived in a rural area where you've got some distance on your property. Nice set up.
aerynsun wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:20 pm I'm not a big fan of permanently attached lights for civilian. It gives the bad guy a target.

I suggest a good/small hand held light. You have more options. You can hold it away from you at arms length or under the gun.

It's a valid point to consider. I have a BLF A6 18650 tube light also on the night stand next to my 19X. 1200-1600 lumens in a separate light source. The TLR-8 on the 19X has the momentary switch ability so I can flash a target if necessary for identification. Although it does show your position, it also is very hard to look at directly due to the amount of lumens. So temporarily blinding the target is an options. Of course it can also affect your night vision but any light source will do that.

aerynsun

Post by aerynsun »

David wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:18 pm
Ronin.45 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:05 pm That's a Dawson +6 so it'll hold 23+1 if I topped it off(which I don't).
That is a very good amount of rounds on tap and 1500 lumens will definitely light up pretty much anything you need lighting up. I could see that as especially useful if you lived in a rural area where you've got some distance on your property. Nice set up.
aerynsun wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:20 pm I'm not a big fan of permanently attached lights for civilian. It gives the bad guy a target.

It's a valid point to consider. I have a BLF A6 18650 tube light also on the night stand next to my 19X. 1200-1600 lumens in a separate light source. The TLR-8 on the 19X has the momentary switch ability so I can flash a target if necessary for identification. Although it does show your position, it also is very hard to look at directly due to the amount of lumens. So temporarily blinding the target is an options. Of course it can also affect your night vision but any light source will do that.
I agree with the benefits of a light. The first thing to be done is to identify your target. Tragedies occur when people don't see their target.

A spray and pray attacker would aim at the light even if blinded.