Sig thread

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
David
Administrator

Sig thread

Post by David »

Well, we have a Glock and HK thread so I figured we needed a Sig thread.

There has been an ongoing controversy on the Sig P320. I'm tossing out the following for informational purposes.

http://www.taccat.ninja/2020/08/05/sig- ... suit-2020/

https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnew ... 59DAdpF7MM

I've owned a P320 and liked it quite well. I didn't keep it but found it was a nice shooter. I like the variations you can get in the grip modules.

Thoughts welcome.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Horskinator

Re: Sig thread

Post by Horskinator »

We know how I feel about SIG.... :)
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I know that I like the P365 :D

I liked that P226 I had a while back as well. And too be honest, I really liked that P250 I had in 45acp and kinda wish I would have hung on to that one. Had it all set up with night sights (which I installed myself and it's the weirdest sight set up I've ever seen on a pistol) as well as 5 mags. Was offered a brand new VP9 and I wanted to try it out so I traded. But the P250 is one that I should have kept, would have made a great woods carry pistol. I actually liked it better than the P320 but with the caveat that I prefer hammer-fired over striker-fired.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
cityfarmer

Post by cityfarmer »

I love all my Sig pistols...except one.
My P220 and P226 were among first DA/SA pistols I acquired and I like them a lot. I shoot them better than any other DA/SA pistol. They do recoil more compared to other similar pistols but it doesn't bother me and doesn't slow me down much. Mine have all been very reliable and accurate except one model. My only complain is that their standard matte blue finish is thin and not very durable. While I don't have any rust on my Sig pistols the finish is worn. I've refinished several of mine with baked on moly finish at home and they have held up well. I currently have the entire original metal P series pistols in 9mm and 45ACP and will probably never sell them off.
Only model I don't like is the original P225 pistol. This pistol doesn't fit my hand and causes couple of sore spots on my shooting hand after shooting a box or two and I've had malfunctions with +P ammo in these pistols despite all new springs and different magazines.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Horskinator wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:31 am We know how I feel about SIG.... :)
Paul Harrell choose the M17 as one of his top 5 guns. I posted the video in the 'Capacity' thread. And capacity is one of his reasons. With that 21 round mag it makes it an attractive option.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Wanted to add a photo here as well of my P365 with the MS and TLR-6.

Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

I have three Sigs and they work fine. Not one is that P320.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Sig P239? Never shot one that I can remember but have been interested in it. Solid pistol.

And I see the G22.4 and USP peaking in the background. Have one of each and great pistols!

Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

I'm a big fan of the .40 S&W and carried it for most of my LE career. I had a P220 and it never worked right, traded it for store credit and instead got a SIG 522 Rifle.

A phenomenal .22LR rifle for the price. Released at the height of the ".22 Trainer" fad. The 522 was everything a shooter wanted. It replicated the look manual of arms, and feel of the 5.56 rifle it is based off of. The majority of accessories for the 556 fit the 522. They even use the same stocks. Now, what's appalling is that the stock on the 522 is adequate for a .22 Trainer, it sucks for a 5.56 duty rifle. And it is literally the same stock. Anyways....

The 522 is a good little .22LR rifle accurate, eats just about anything and everything, works, and while there was a revision of the bolt. At the time, Sig made the correction and sent me the parts. But now, this great plinker sits abandoned and adrift. Sig dumped it like a skank on the morning after a all night party.
Horskinator

Post by Horskinator »

Been awhile since I posted work got busy, fall clean up around the homestead and hunting season.... Just came into a deal on a P226 Legion in 9mm. Taking delivery Tuesday so pics to follow.

**EDIT** Also became a factory certified armorer of the P320 series in November