9mm PCC urges again...

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Bob
Board Founder

9mm PCC urges again...

Post by Bob »

So I'm really feeling the need for a 9mm PCC.

Keltec Sub 2k: Cool, but really wanting something more substantial.
AR build? A lot to like there. Expensive even if made cheap.
Hi-Piont: WHY did they only have a 10rd single stack mag???? And why hasn't anyone build a legit extended mag for it?!?!?!?!

Man, I just CAN'T find the correct balance of price, performance, and mag compatibility.

Really looking for an MP5....but, well, anyway....
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Re: 9mm PCC urges again...

Post by Ronin.45 »

Ruger PC-9 is way more substantial than KT, cheaper than ARs, still uses Glock mags, and breaks down for transport. Obviously the price will be higher now, but they were down under $450 pre-panic.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:36 pm Hi-Piont: WHY did they only have a 10rd single stack mag???? And why hasn't anyone build a legit extended mag for it?!?!?!?!
In regards to the HP, the 9mm PCC is the 995TS. It's actually one of HP's most popular products and reviewed extremely favorably. It's not a battle rifle, but it is a reliable, accurate and fun PCC that is extremely controllable. I've owned two 995TS (still have one) and one 4095TS (the 40 S&W version). Simple blow back design. Is it pretty? Well that's an eye of the beholder sorta thing. But it works and works well and if it gets scuffed and dinged up...who cares, it's a HP.

In regards to magazines. Redball Sports has made 20-round mags for it for years. Both straight and bent mags. Only issue is if you're shooting from a prone position, but then any rifle with a long mag will have the same issue. They look funny, but again, if it sounds/looks stupid but it works...it's not stupid.

https://redballsports.net/

Additionally, the 995Ts has an inexpensive attachment that goes on the stock that holds two 10-round mags. So you've got whatever you have in the PCC and 20 rounds right on the stock as extras. You can see the mag and how it attaches in this pic (the attachment holds a mag on each side that does not interfere with shouldering/shooting the PCC.

As far as the sights, they are actually quite nice. IIRC it has a small and large peep site that rotates back and forth depending on the range your shooting. The two I've shot have been shot a LOT. The only thing it choked on was 147 WWB which to be honest I've had other guns choke on as well. But everything else was ate up and shot out. I'd have no issue having one in the closet or tossed in the car.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Someone makes a 15 rd mag that has good reviews too. Also not too long. That mag sticking that far out is just a "no" for me.

Saw a lot of vids with good talk on them though...and the price is right! Man - if they released that with a Glock mag option they would sell a gazillion!
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:18 am Someone makes a 15 rd mag that has good reviews too. Also not too long. That mag sticking that far out is just a "no" for me.

Saw a lot of vids with good talk on them though...and the price is right! Man - if they released that with a Glock mag option they would sell a gazillion!
The HP fans have talked about that for years but I don't think you'll ever see it happen. But it would be nice. I don't think I've ever seen a negative review or video. Like I said, it's not a 'battle rifle' but it's not made of glass either. They don't even recommend cleaning it until it hits 1500 rounds. It's actually pretty robust. I picked up my first one used for $200. Shot like a champ. For a plinker, trunk gun or just to have in the bedroom closet for HD it's an inexpensive option.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

I just want to go slap the CEO though. Good gravy man!!!! Wake up and smell the money!!!!! Hi-cap = hi-profit!!!!!
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:39 am I just want to go slap the CEO though. Good gravy man!!!! Wake up and smell the money!!!!! Hi-cap = hi-profit!!!!!
IIRC, a 995 was used in the Columbine school shooting. So they've had to weather that stigma and the 10-round thing was the result. I could be wrong, but I think those details are in the ballpark. As a side note, I saw the videos from the cameras inside the school during an investigation class I took years ago. It actually affected me, and a lot of others in the class. Pure evil.

Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

David wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:25 am
Bob wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:39 am I just want to go slap the CEO though. Good gravy man!!!! Wake up and smell the money!!!!! Hi-cap = hi-profit!!!!!
IIRC, a 995 was used in the Columbine school shooting. So they've had to weather that stigma and the 10-round thing was the result. I could be wrong, but I think those details are in the ballpark. As a side note, I saw the videos from the cameras inside the school during an investigation class I took years ago. It actually affected me, and a lot of others in the class. Pure evil.
I've seen those videos as well. Very disturbing that people can do that. Definitely reinforces my desire to always carry. Luckily I don't have to spend any time in schools or other no carry zones.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

I carry a lot these days...

And I might have a 995 in the car IF it had a flipping' 20rd mag!!!!!
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

My daughter likes the Beretta Storm. She shots it well. That is her rifle.

My wife likes the ATI PCC which uses Glocks magazines.

I have a Freedom FX-9 that uses Glock magazines.

We have used these both in two gun competitions and they performed great. In full disclosure, my wife did break a firing pin in her ATI while at the range. We contacted them and they sent out a new bolt with fire pin in it and provided us with a shipping label to return the broken one. So excellant service. Since then, no other issues.

We like having PCCs that use the magazines of the firearms we are carrying.