HK Thread

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Strayz

Re: HK Thread

Post by Strayz »

David wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:43 am They’re making a 17-round magazine now for the P30/VP9 pistols.

https://www.xtechtactical.com/product/h ... -magazine/
May have to grab a few more. Anyone have long term usage on them?
Sometimes things need to be said, Other times things must be done.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I don’t think I’ve ever used a 17-rounder for an HK pistol. Always been 15-rounders in 9mm.

That mag release extension arrives for the P2000 a few days ago. Haven’t had the chance to install it yet, maybe later today or tomorrow.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

David wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:53 pm That mag release extension arrives for the P2000 a few days ago. Haven’t had the chance to install it yet, maybe later today or tomorrow.
Okay, I replaced the mag release with the extended version I purchased from HKpro and love it! Makes a superb pistol even better! This is fast becoming my favorite pistol. Still have the 40 S&W barrel in it and will likely keep it that way. Makes we curious about the P2000sk version.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Think my HK itch has been scratched :D

Traded for an HK USP Compact V1 9mm tonight.

Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Took my HK USP 9mm for a run tonight. First shot dead center in the red. The rest all in the red. Federal HST 124 9mm. Perfect as always.

I soooo want a USP compact with a stainless slide.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:54 pm Took my HK USP 9mm for a run tonight. First shot dead center in the red. The rest all in the red. Federal HST 124 9mm. Perfect as always.

I soooo want a USP compact with a stainless slide.
I knew you had an HK but couldn’t remember which one. You just answered that question. Looking forward to taking this one to the range, hopefully Monday. Nice to now have a couple of DA/SA pistols again as well as the DAO P2000. Just something about a hammer-fired pistol that I like.

We’ll have to have an SEP range day again soon. Or maybe go to that Outlaw match in Ruskin. I think they’re planning on it next Wednesday Bob.

Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Full Size, HK USP 9mm, V1 (DA/SA Safety, Decocker)

Added a rail adapter to allow TRL light. Works great (except in my cool Blackhawk carbon fiber holster). Grrrr!!!!
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Been awhile since I had HK pistols so I asked the question of magazine compatibility on GT. Got the answer:
USP Compact and P2000 are the same. P30 and VP9 magazines work in the USPc and P2000 plus the SK models.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

https://hk-usa.com/wp-content/uploads/H ... N_2011.pdf

"At 91,300 rounds, the P30 was running strong...."

Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

All of the reliability of a Glock, except there are not any idiots running around on film or in the streets holding one sideways while pointing it. That's why I choose HK.