Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to set up a powder measure.
Quick video on how to set up your powder measure, Enjoy.

Good video, real informative and easy to understand.
Maybe a little discussion about the powder trickler and fine tuning for a match grade load next time.
Endeavor to Persevere...
I generally only load handgun ammo or 5.56mm for plinking in the desert so I don't have a Powder Trickler but it is easy enough to just use a set of Lee Dippers and your scale to load very accurate powder charges for your reloads. I did that for quite a few years before I got an actual powder measure. Wow, did getting a powder measure speed things up though, can't load without one now days. Glad you liked the video, I tried to make it as simple as possible so new folks to reloading would understand it. Getting the powder charge right is one of THE things you MUST do if you don't want to blow your hand off, LOL.
Good video.

We use a Dillion XL650 press and had really good luck with it. Thinking about getting a Dillion Square to load 45 caliber with.
Video 
Two other things I like to do....

1) I use a powder baffle to make sure a full hopper doesn't change the volume due to weight

[Image: th?id=OIP.hojq6lkTSZrDTVYjYUysagEsEE&w=2...=4&pid=1.7]

2) when setting and testing drops.... I  drop ten loads of powder and then throw it on the digital scale for a real quick average drop.... there are always +/- in a volume drop
and you want your error on the low side of max
Morse is faster than texting !
The baffle is something that I'd like to pick up for my UniFlow although I've not had any issues with charge weight changing but I hear that it does help.
(08-10-2017, 02:43 PM)TN.Frank Wrote: The baffle is something that I'd like to pick up for my UniFlow although I've not had any issues with charge weight changing but I hear that it does help.

They are cheap... but also not hard to make ...just really an oval with notches
Morse is faster than texting !