Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pruned the hedges
You may have noticed our membership count has dropped from just over 100 to the mid-80's.  That is because I've deleted 20+ accounts.  These were all 0 post members that haven't even visited the board in 6 or more months.  This included some that had false emails (before we started requiring a valid email for activation) and some that were dubious emails but I gave them a shot.  So even though the total number has gone down, nothing has changed really.

This leads me to saying a big thank you to all of you folks that heavily participate on the board.  Your videos, photos, links and just some really good information and conversation has taught me quite a bit and I appreciate it.  As I've always said, this isn't my board...it's yours.

Smile
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Where's my paycheck.'08. Sad
If you look like food,you will be eaten.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
Noticed the drop. No sense keeping folks that never participated.
(05-24-2017, 08:32 PM)kirgi08 Wrote: Where's my paycheck.'08. Sad

Right next to mine  Big Grin

(05-25-2017, 06:03 AM)Ronin.45 Wrote: Noticed the drop. No sense keeping folks that never participated.

I can understand the occasional spammer that gets through.  They get zapped pretty quick anyway so it's no big deal.  Always wonder why a regular person goes to the effort to sign up then never come back though?  I'm just really happy though with the folks that have made this a home.  Nice to come in and see a lot of new threads and posts.

Lol, and here I thought this thread was going to be about hedge trimming (I need a hedge trimmer and was looking to see what I could glean!). Glad you had a chance to trim the spammers and inactives.
same here , was wondering how much you pruned to get a better sight picture on something... as many forget its a good place to hide
Only had about 20 or so that had joined but never posted.  And hadn't visited in more than six months.  Actually, not a bad % at all.

Zapped another half dozen or so that had joined sine the last trimming but were zero post members.  I sent an email out on Friday or Saturday giving them the weekend to log in a participate.  

Once again, my thanks to all that participate and make the board what it is;  relaxing place to hang out and talk preps, projects and guns.   Smile