Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trail camera
Latest trail cam pics from my newest camera which is in my food plot.

This fox has been showing up nearly every night. Finally got one of him in the daylight...

[Image: xNLLknf.jpg]

First time I've seen this guy on the food plot. Black bears are really, really black. I mean they are like black holes, they suck all the light out of their surroundings.

[Image: VwTSYJx.jpg]

And the first time I've seen a bobcat at all.

[Image: xrirahz.jpg]

[Image: VbjU0IA.jpg]
That is so cool!
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Just checked my trail cameras a couple days ago. I had set up a mineral block on a stump for the deer but the only thing it drew in was a herd of raccons and then the bear came by and knock the whole thing over.

I forgot to download the bear photo but did a catch a buck on my other one. That white block in the photo is a salt block. That's the first buck I've seen since I put that block there . He gave it a couple looks and then turned around and went the other way. Most of the other deer seem very skittish around it so I removed it after checking the photos.

I was up bow hunting the last 3 days. I saw 4 does out in the field but none came closer than about 60 yards in the pouring rain at dusk. Very poor (or should I say pour) conditions to hunt in.

[Image: Fspuxu2.jpg]
That is cool...

Animals can see I R, if your lick has a reflective surface then when the flash from your camera goes off it may be spooking them with a flash reflection. Just thinkin.
Endeavor to Persevere...
(10-15-2017, 08:14 PM)Gene Wrote: That is cool...

Animals can see I R, if your lick has a reflective surface then when the flash from your camera goes off it may be spooking them with a flash reflection.  Just thinkin.

I think it's more of a big white thing in the woods that is spooking them. Deer notice things that are out of place. I see the same behavior during the day. That used to be a well used path and I used to see lots of deer, both does and bucks use it. Since I dropped the salt there the does are real spooky and the bucks avoid it i.e, give it a wide berth.

Bears on the other hand are vandals. They pretty much just wreck stuff.   I have a big male coming in to my food plot (other camera) and he just tears up anything I set up there.  Fortunately he has not messed with my cabin which is only about 100 yards away.  They are pretty shy about going where people are unless they get a taste of food or garbage.
Still, cool pictures, this spot seems to be real active. The bears do go where the garbage is, that's why you hang your bag high and away from your camp.
Endeavor to Persevere...
I have a trail camera, but haven't figured it out.  Wonder is there is a member who lives in West Los Angeles/Culver City/Santa Monica who can show me.
(10-16-2017, 05:32 AM)bdcochran Wrote: I have a trail camera, but haven't figured it out.  Wonder is there is a member who lives in West Los Angeles/Culver City/Santa Monica who can show me.

Definitely a learning curve on these them.  

What kind do you have? Maybe look on youtube for instructions.  That has helped me in the past.

(10-16-2017, 03:03 AM)Gene Wrote: Still, cool pictures, this spot seems to be real active. The bears do go where the garbage is, that's why you hang your bag high and away from your camp.

The bears, I believe there are at least 4, a sow, two cubs and a male. That seems kind of obvious that if you see a sow and cubs that there would have to have been a male around.  They all  seem pretty skittish and stay pretty much in the swamp. The first bear photos (on page one) with the cubs is along a trail on the edge of the swamp. The second bear photo is up on the food plot just below my tree stand at the rear of the property just up from another cedar swamp.  My cabin is about 100 yards away through thick woods from the food plot and so far I haven't seen any evidence of bears around the cabin. Damn raccoons yes, bears no. 

As for active, I've had that property for 23 years and while I've seen evidence (droppings and tracks) of bears during that time, I've never seen one in person.  Until I put up the cameras my wife  and other family members was skeptical they were there. Now she won't go for a walk in the woods unless I am with her and armed. 

I'll be going back up bow hunting on Wednesday which will give me a chance to check the cameras again download the last bear photo.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cougar on the trail camera justsaymo 9 321 06-01-2017, 02:39 AM
Last Post: Kieller