Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noob from NC
Hello - New member from Western North Carolina.  Call me OJ.   Lots of stuff to look at here.  Should be fun!
Welcome to the board Smile
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Welcome iorrijen, I was just up in Robbinsville last weekend to pick up a shotgun from my uncle who is a gunsmith= it rained the whole time we were there but what a beautiful place. We also went over to the Iron Horse motorcycle camp ground in Stecoah for church Sunday morn. But I'd sell everything I own and move up there in a minute just for another bite of that awesome BBQ at the Rib Country in Murphy.
28748.'08.
If you look like food,you will be eaten.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
(05-01-2017, 02:14 AM)David Wrote: Welcome to the board Smile

Thanks David.  Glad I finally got in.

(05-01-2017, 04:55 AM)Gene Wrote: Welcome iorrijen, I was just up in Robbinsville last weekend to pick up a shotgun from my uncle who is a gunsmith= it rained the whole time we were there but what a beautiful place. We also went over to the Iron Horse motorcycle camp ground in Stecoah for church Sunday morn. But I'd sell everything I own and move up there in a minute just for another bite of that awesome BBQ at the Rib Country in Murphy.

Robbinsville would be an excellent location for a surival retreat.  Up high, and not so easy to find.  Your uncle might know of some acerage for sale there.  Wouldn't be a bad idea.  I live in Mars Hill, north of Asheville.  But I've been all over Wetern North Carolina.  I think I've eaten at that BBQ place in Murphy.  They definitely know how to BBQ around these parts.  i was just at a "pickin' party" Sat. night, and the host had his own smoke house for BBQ.  It was unbelieveable, especially with some of the Sweet Baby Rays sauce.