Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foldable bikes for full time vehicle carry
Anyone carry a fold-able bike in their vehicle?  What do you have, how do you like it?

Considering one of the Montague Paratrooper versions:

https://www.montaguebikes.com/product/paratrooper/
I seriously considered one a while back.  Also considered kick-scooter just for the size and how inexpensive it is.  The one in your link is nice, out of my price range but nice.  Looks heavy duty enough to last a life time, particularly if it is only part of a GHB system.  If you've got enough room in your vehicle to store it securely then it would pay dividends in the event that it's needed.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
I don't have a true mountain bike and while I wouldn't 't do a lot of serious off road riding I could certainly use this for occasional rides. I have the room in the vehicle so I figure why not, as you say it could pay off big under the right scenario. The way things are going the possibility of a EMP war in the next decade have never been higher.
My parents had sailboat and had a pair of folding bikes for when they went ashore in port. They tended to have smaller wheels but were very compact for storage. Theirs were made by Dahon, I don't remember the specific model. There are cheaper ones out there as well.

The problem with folding bikes is they tend to not do anything very well. They are a compromise. My preference would be a smaller bike with more gears, a high seat and handle bars. Most modern bikes come apart pretty easily with quick detachable levers.
I have a nice hybrid bike but it still takes up a LOT of room with the front wheel off.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How do you carry your EDC stuff? David 10 537 10-12-2019, 05:33 PM
Last Post: David
Wink bugout vehicle???? fishingjeff 5 596 04-29-2019, 03:57 PM
Last Post: kirgi08
Question What kind of EDC do you normally carry? David 7 1,255 01-22-2019, 02:26 PM
Last Post: David
  What do Spec Ops dudes carry every day? Every Day Carry (EDC) Pocket Dump David 6 1,512 05-01-2018, 10:20 PM
Last Post: bmyers