Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Because you suck and we hate you
Bit of an update:

If you remember my thread on the Sig P250 .45acp.  I had $357 into that gun due to a series of really good trade ups over the last couple or years or so.  Well, a gentleman put an HK VP9SK on AL yesterday so I contacted him on a whim about a trade.  So we traded yesterday afternoon.  The VP9 was purchased new last month and must have been the L.E. version as it has night sights and three mags.  So that's probably one of my best, if not the best trade up I've done.  

Yay me  Tongue
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Congrates!
Good trade. The HK VP9SK is a $700 gun. I have looked at them but they are a bit pricey for me.
Thanks guys.  I just happen to be looking at AL that morning and one a whim sent him a msg.  Glad to see it work out for both of us.  He said he liked the gun but just couldn't shoot it well.  He had the receipt and I think he purchased it on Oct 17th so it's only a few weeks old.  Has the 'BH' code on the slide which indicates 2017 was the manufacture date.  Does make me think that I should have kept at least one of the P30SK's so I'm on the look out for one.  I guess that's half the fun.

Wink

Shot the VP9SK Monday evening during the CCW class I finished up teaching.  Ran like a dream of course.  Everyone took a turn or two with it and a few in the class expressed interest in getting their own VP9SK.  One of my female students was undecided between it and the Sig P320 so she did the smart thing and shot them side-by-side several times to see first hand what worked better for her.  The VP9SK just edged out the P320 for her.  

No issues at all with the VP9SK.  Smooth and flawless.  And I have to say that it fits my hand like a glove.  Not even sure what size side/back panels are on it as I haven't changed them out.  But whatever combo it is works for me.

(09-19-2017, 11:48 PM)Tsquare Wrote: It is sitting on the top shelf in the safe. I was hoping a GEN5 G26 would be part of the GEN5 release but it hasn't happened. Glock went through it and replaced a lot of the internals and said it was within spec but it still shoots the same. Funny thing is I can shoot my buddy's Gen3 G26 almost as good as I can my G37.

I would sell it but I wouldn't feel right about passing a lemon along to someone else. I am still thinking about the "trade-up" route when more Gen5 models become available. For what a new barrel cost I can get a Gen5.

Another option is a buddy who knows the history of this gun that works at a LGS has been on the lookout for a trade-in G38 or G39. They are harder to sell and I could do an even trade and they would put a new barrel on it.

I just got a call about a G38 that the LGS took in on an estate sale. I will be going over tomorrow to see about a trade.  Rolleyes
Well the G38 had been modified with a little relief under the trigger guard and soldering iron stipple job. The undercut was sloppy and the stipple job was bad. In addition all it had was one magazine and dead night sights. I offered them $100 as I would have to take it back to Glock for a new frame ($165) plus the cost of anything else modified in the inside. They turned me down.
Sorry that it didn't work out Tony.  Maybe a good deal is right around the corner  Smile

I particularly like the ending  Big Grin

Bringing this thread back with an update.  Yesterday I was offered a good amount of $ for both my Ruger LC9 and the Taurus PT709 Slim.  Decided it was an offer to accept.  So that left me with a little scratch to put to the side.  Had no real idea what I wanted really but was perusing the normal b/s/t gun sites.  Armslist had an ad for an HK P30SK V3 with thumb safety, three mags that all had the pinky extension, new unfired.  So I bought it for the same $ as I sold the other two guns for earlier in the day.

I had kinda regretted selling the V1 and V3 (no safety) I had last year as they really were comfortable guns in my hand.  The ability to change out the side panels and back straps does make a difference.  I'm one of those folks that likes a manual thumb safety so this one really jumped out at me.  So that puts me back as an HK owner.  Looking forward to taking it to the range (which I was actually at earlier in the day with my son).