Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Because you suck and we hate you
If it works out I will not be taking a hit on the trade in as the G17L is worth more than the G26 and $200. As far as a replacement barrel that would be throwing more money into the G26 when it should have been covered by Glock.
Well, I'm glad I made the change back to the G26.  Much more comfortable and concealable.  Still have the +2 base plate on the primary magazine for 13 rounds total.  Had it reinspected by the armorer prior to qualifying with it earlier this week.  He gave it a thumbs up.  Has some holster wear (prior to me obtaining it) but not bad for a gun that's 20 years old (checked the serial number and the manufacture date was 1997).  No way to know it's prior history or round count really, but would be interesting.  The night sights that I had the armorer install last November probably aren't a year old yet.  

I remember it was considered a Gen 2.5 (finger grooves but no checkering).  

[Image: 7409d1412467521-gen-2-5-glocks-glocksubc...76aacb.jpg]
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Been a couple of weeks or so and still glad I changed back to the Glock 26.  Almost forget I'm carrying it while out and about.  

Still not sure if I'll keep the HK or sell trade it for something else.  All depends.  For now it's a nice extra in a strategic location.

(06-21-2017, 09:01 PM)Tsquare Wrote: I am used to a higher level of service from Glock. Fifteen years ago the Manager of LEO sales was on my Tropo team in my Air Guard unit at Dobbins. Our Guard Unit had 4 or 5 other weekend warriors who worked at corporate Glock in some capacity or the other. They have all left in the past few years due to changes in middle and upper management.

I am sure there is a problem with my G26's barrel. The octagonal barrel makes it difficult for me to measure. I have slugged it at .3556 but that there is more to it. Their response has been "it is within spec" and "it fires fine with our ammo".

The silver lining is they have a trade in program on Blue Label. I am going through the paperwork to get approval to trade the G26 on a Blue Label G17L. If it works out it will cost me about $155-200 for the G17L. A used G26 gen 4 sells for $400-450 in the Atlanta area. A used G17L starts at $650 for well worn models.

I just got the word from Glock. They will take another look at my G26 but it will not be eligible for a Blue Label trade until the Gen5 guns come out and I can only trade it for a Gen5. The G17L that was just released is still a Gen3. The only other model I was remotely interested in is the G39 45GAP which is also a Gen3.
Smile 
Well, you could always send the G26 to me.  I'd give it a good home  Wink

Managed to snag a pair of Meprolight Tru-Dot tritium night sights, 3 dot green off ebay for $45 new.  Contacted the owner about them.  He bought a new VP9 a couple of weeks ago with the night sights and had them removed that day in favor of larger HD night sights.  So that's a set of new night sights for about half the price that I've seen around the net.  Yay me Wink

I'm going to install these and make the P30SK my night stand gun.  I'll have to look around to see if I can find an inexpensive light mount that fits the SK now.

Got the night sights in the mail today and put them on the HK.  Looks fine and it was a good upgrade since it's a night stand gun now.

Decided to go back to the P30SK for my off-duty gun.  Compared my G26 IWB holster to the SK holster and no discernible difference in thickness.  I need to trim the bottom of the SK holster to lessen the length as it was made longer than it really needed to be.  That was enough to make it less comfortable.  I ordered an OWB holster that should work well and a couple more P30 mags.  

Just made the decision to go from a 20+ year old Glock to a 1 year old HK.

Be curious to see if you come back to the Glock again.
We'll see, but I know my son likes the G26...