Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Because you suck and we hate you
I made the decision to go back to the Glock 26 for off-duty carry.  Did the paper work and requal this morning.  Still like the HK quite a bit, but it's just a tad wider and a tad more heavy than the G26.  It was just enough that carry wasn't as comfortable as I prefer.  With the G26 I could carry all day and not even think about it.  I tried different holsters with the HK but nothing was quite right or extended carry.  

Not sure if I'll keep the HK or not.  I'm on the fence.  Quality firearm with a great trigger.  But for what I have in it, along with the other goodies I can toss into a deal I could probably get a couple of Glocks.  

Anyway, I think I made the right decision.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Not everyone is man enough for the HK Dave. No shame there. I mean, I am. Mac is. And Shane...and a few others I guess.

We don't think you are (too much) less of man.
And I am thinking of dumping the G26...
Wow, my friends  Big Grin

You change guns more often than I change underware.
Hey, twice in the last few years isn't bad  Smile

Carried the G19 for years, then changed to the G26 for 6 months.  Tried the P30SK and liked it, just a tad to large/heavy to be comfortable (for me) so I went back to the G26.

David, how do you like the Soft Tuck?

I have a Dragon Leatherworks IWB Fugly that I really like for the G26 but I don't want to spend another $100 on one for a 1911 right now.

I have come to the realization that I can't hit anything with my G26 unless it is up close and personal. It has been back to Glock twice, once two years ago for brass to the face and it being unable to stabilize 147gr bullets. They replaced the extractor and all springs. It still would not shoot 147gr when I got it back and in the last year 124gr has opened up. I have less than 1500 rounds though this Gen4. I took it back the second time 4 months ago and they say there is nothing wrong with it. I can shoot my buddy's Gen 3 G26 without any issues so I know it's not me or my ammo. I am not happy with Glock right now.
(06-21-2017, 07:27 PM)Tsquare Wrote: David, how do you like the Soft Tuck?

I have a Dragon Leatherworks IWB Fugly that I really like for the G26 but I don't want to spend another $100 on one for a 1911 right now.  

The Soft-Tuck is actually doable.  And the one that fit the HK also fits the G26 so it worked out.  The only drawbacks:
  • The clip attaches to the holster towards the bottom of the holster.  Not a problem but the attach point is circular and slightly raised.  Again, not a huge problem but it does add to the thickness of the whole setup.  So it is slightly thicker than other holsters but isn't like it sticks WAY out.  
  • The way the clip goes under the belt you need to make sure the belt is secure.  If it isn't you'll pull the whole holster out when you draw.  If the belt is secure it isn't an issue.
Pluses:
  • It's soft against your skin.
  • The leather strip around the top of the holster gives you a little stiffness for reholstering but still will collapse fairly compact for comfort.
  • The gun will tend to ride somewhat higher than some holsters so it provides an easy grip/draw.  
Overall I'll use the holster I've always used with the G26 but use the Soft-Tuck as a back up or when I need to tuck my shirt in.

As far as your Gen4, that's really bizarre.  But then I've heard of a few issues in various Gen4 models.  I've never had/shot one.  Seems like they should have left well enough alone.  All the Gen2/3's that I've shot never had an issue or hiccup that I can remember.  I can see how it would put you off a bit.

I am used to a higher level of service from Glock. Fifteen years ago the Manager of LEO sales was on my Tropo team in my Air Guard unit at Dobbins. Our Guard Unit had 4 or 5 other weekend warriors who worked at corporate Glock in some capacity or the other. They have all left in the past few years due to changes in middle and upper management.

I am sure there is a problem with my G26's barrel. The octagonal barrel makes it difficult for me to measure. I have slugged it at .3556 but that there is more to it. Their response has been "it is within spec" and "it fires fine with our ammo".

The silver lining is they have a trade in program on Blue Label. I am going through the paperwork to get approval to trade the G26 on a Blue Label G17L. If it works out it will cost me about $155-200 for the G17L. A used G26 gen 4 sells for $400-450 in the Atlanta area. A used G17L starts at $650 for well worn models.
I would hate to throw good money after bad but instead taking a hit on a trade in maybe consider just buying an aftermarket or replacement glock barrel instead?