Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Because you suck and we hate you
Tongue 
"Because you suck and we hate you" is a reference many will know from an H&K CS spoof.

Quote:An open letter to the gun community from HK’s marketing department: In a world of compromises, some people put the bullets in the magazine backwards…But it doesn’t matter, because our gun is on the cover of the Rainbow Six video games. Look how cool that SEAL coming out of the water looks… If you buy a $2,000 SOCOM, you will be that cool of an operator too. And chicks will dig you.

At HK, we stuck a piston on an AR15, just like a bunch of other companies have done, dating back to about 1969. However ours is better, because we refuse to sell it to civilians. Because you suck, and we hate you.

Our XM8 is the greatest rifle ever developed. It may melt, and it doesn’t fit any accessories known to man, but that is your fault. If you were a real operator, you would love it. Once again, look at Rainbow Six, that G36 sure is cool isn’t it? Yeah, you know you want one.And by the way, check out our new HK45. We decided that humans don’t need to release the magazine with their thumbs. If you were a really manly teutonic operator, you would be able to reach the controls. Plus we’ve fired 100,000,000 rounds through one with zero malfunctions, and that was while it was buried in a lake of molten lava, on the moon. If you don’t believe us, it is because you aren’t a real operator.

By the way, our cheap, mass-produced, stamped sheet metal guns like the G3 and MP5 are the bestest things ever, and totally worth asinine scalpers prices, but note that cheap, mass-produced, stamped sheet metal guns from other countries are commie garbage. Not that it matters, because you’re civilians, so we won’t sell them to you anyway. Because you suck, and we hate you, but we know you’ll be back. We can beat you down like a trailer park wife, but you’ll come back, you always do.

Buy our stuff.

Sincerely

HK Marketing DepartmentHK.  Because you suck.  And we hate you.

HK. Because you suck. And we hate you.

All kidding aside, looks like I'll be getting my first HK this morning.  I put my Glock 19 up for trade with the intention of getting another Glock 26.  My son will be 18 soon and I'd like him to start carrying a firearm (in his car) when he starts travelling about (back and forth to classes and such).  He can't CCW till 21 but figured since he liked my G26 that it would be good to get him one as well so that when the time came he had a concealable firearm he was use to.

I received several offers from folks.  The one that caught my eye was a HK P30SK with LEM trigger.  I've never owned an HK and I've only shot one once which was Shane's P30.  So I figured this would be an interesting trade.  So I'm trading the G19 plus $100 for the P30SK.  If I like it well enough I'll qualify with it and make it my off-duty carry and give the G26 to my son.  Suppose to be meeting at 11:30 this morning.  The P30SK has never been carried or fired from what the man has told me.  Figured it was a good deal.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Trade went through without an issue.  Nice gun.  Looking forward to shooting it.  I ordered a third mag, sof-tuck IWB holster and pinky extension.

The only HK I ever owned was HK91 (308) battle rifle. I actually traded about $400 worth of shotguns for it in the 1980s when it was all the rage. I bought mags for it, shot it and never really did figure out why people liked them so much. It didn't particularly shoot well, or was more accurate than other battle rifles. The stamped sheet metal was kind of cheap feeling (I laughed at the description in Dave's post). It was kinda of cool in a "I have one of the iconic battle rifles and you don't" kind of way but I never really liked shooting it. I sold it during the Assault Rifle Ban for $2700 and thought I did pretty well. By then I had a $300 CETME which was pretty much the same thing. I sold the CETME a little bit later during the AWB for a big profit as well.

I guess I've never really been enamored with HK guns I guess because we suck and they hate us.
My first foray into polymer guns was with HK. I had a fullsize USP stainless in 45 and the same in 9mm. I bepieved the hype about them being superior to other options. What I found out quick was that accessories are a bitch. I had to special order magazines at about $50 apiece. The accessory rail is more of an idea than a feature as very few lights or lasers would fit the proprietary design. Holsters were another custom order item just because the guns aren't as popular as others. The mag release is functional, but inferior to a traditional setup. The DA/SA trigger is pretty garbage. Luckily I had the Variant 1 so I could go cocked and locked.
Once I became a more competent shooter through competition, I realized the drawbacks of the design even more. I purchased a Glock 17 around that time and was amazed how much better it was.
You guys are getting me excited about the new gun  Big Grin

I've owned a couple P7s, two full size USP45s, two compact USP45s, a P2000SK, and a couple USP9 compacts. I'm certified by my department on the MP5. I think the MP5 may be my favorite gun to shoot, but I think it's pretty much obsolete. I tried the USP45 thing (a few times) and it's not for me. I do really like the one USP9C I still have, and don't plan to get rid of it. To me, it does a lot of things really well, and I carried it off-duty for a long time before I went with the Glock. I totally regret trading my LEM P2000SK...

LEM is a great carry trigger. It's safe but more functional than some other "long trigger" designs... I just wish those damn Germans wouldn't keep making triggers so round and sharp that unless your hand dimensions are identical to their hand dimensions you will feel pain when shooting.
Well I've gone on a small spending spree.  I ordered a nice leather IWB holster, Fobus OWB hoster, Blackhawk Serpa CQC holster and quick detach kit, another magazine and a pinky extension.  Of note if it's of interest or helps someone; Blackhawk tech support told me the P30SK would not fit the Serpa CQC holster made for the P30.  However, my partner has both a P30 and the Serpa CQC holster so I tried it this morning and it fit like a glove.  Turned it upside down and shook it and the retention is positive.  

Plans are to hopefully get it inspected Friday and get qualified with it.

Looks like the P30SK also takes the P30, P2000, USPc and VP9 magazines.

(04-19-2017, 12:18 PM)David Wrote: Well I've gone on a small spending spree.  I ordered a nice leather IWB holster, Fobus OWB hoster, Blackhawk Serpa CQC holster and quick detach kit, another magazine and a pinky extension.  Of note if it's of interest or helps someone; Blackhawk tech support told me the P30SK would not fit the Serpa CQC holster made for the P30.  However, my partner has both a P30 and the Serpa CQC holster so I tried it this morning and it fit like a glove.  Turned it upside down and shook it and the retention is positive.  

Plans are to hopefully get it inspected Friday and get qualified with it.

Just an update.  I ordered the Blackhawk Serpa CQC as mentioned above, same day shipping with the Amazon Prime so it was waiting for me at the house after work.  Just like my buddies, the P30SK fit like a glove.  The quick detach kit should arrive tomorrow.

Yay  Big Grin

Well it's my day off, but I got up early and went down to the armory to have the SK inspected and the paperwork filled out.  Just got back from the range were I qualified with it so now it's my official off-duty weapon.  Have to say how impressed I was with this LEM trigger.  I can't remember shooting a smoother trigger than this set up.  The illuminescent sights were easily picked up.  I have the pinky extension on one of the magazines but to be honest it was hard to tell a difference between the mag with the extension and the mags with the flat base plate when it came to actually shooting it.  Very pleased.  So now I'm loaded up with 124+P GD.  

Blackhawk Serpa holster and quick detach came in.  Had to order a belt attachment as I didn't realize it was needed.  But it's already shipped and I don't need it till Monday anyway.  Have a third magazine coming as well as a Fobus holster and Desantis IWB tuckable holster.  Not very happy with the vendor on the Desantis though.  Stated that it would ship in 2-3 days but still hasn't shipped and this is the 5th day.  Told them to ship today or cancel the order.  We'll see what happens.

But as far as the SK, very pleased.