Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nanos are No More, Shields are Up.
My 45 Shield is my EDC and I really love it. Not much larger than the 9mm Shield but with some nice .451" bullets to cut BIG holes in things.
Frank, you'll be happy to know I picked up a 9mm shield this morning.  Quite nice  Smile
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
(12-17-2017, 12:56 AM)David Wrote: Frank, you'll be happy to know I picked up a 9mm shield this morning.  Quite nice  Smile

Bit of an update:

The Shield I referenced above was given to my son.  He likes it quite a bit.  Yesterday afternoon on Armslist I saw a brand new/never fired Shield 9mm for $275.  Contacted the guy and set up a meet time for after work.  He sent me the receipt from Brownell's where he purchased.  Met him last night after work and purchased.  Yep, brand new Shield w/thumb safety.  So I felt that was a pretty good deal.  Now I'll have to figure out where it goes in the inventory.  Nice to have though and I look forward to taking it out to the range.

I still love my 45 Shield for EDC but after shooting my Glock 31 in 357 Sig I've really fallen in love with that cartridge and I'm going to pick up a Glock 33 for my EDC and I'll probably sell the 45 Shield along with my full size M&P 45 M2.0 so I can get into more guns in 357 Sig.
Sell the .45's, wow...you're going all in Frank!  Wink

(05-29-2018, 02:17 AM)TN.Frank Wrote: I still love my 45 Shield for EDC but after shooting my Glock 31 in 357 Sig I've really fallen in love with that cartridge and I'm going to pick up a Glock 33 for my EDC and I'll probably sell the 45 Shield along with my full size M&P 45 M2.0 so I can get into more guns in 357 Sig.

I'm pretty set for handguns, but I figure any future purchases or trades will be for .40's so that I can also have a 9mm conversion barrel.  How you feel about the .357sig is how I feel about the .40.

9mm will remain my primary caliber but I have gravitated back to having a good secondary caliber as back up. Figure for every 2-3 boxes of 9mm I buy I'll get a box of .40.