Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nanos are No More, Shields are Up.
Traded the two Nanos for a couple S&W Shields and I like em'.

The Shield is a great little gun.  I love mine and it's been completely reliable over several hundred rounds.  The two we tested ran around 15,000 and 18,000 rounds before we stopped testing... They were still going strong. 

I put a TLR-6 on mine and carried it for a while as my main off-duty gun.  I'm carrying a G26 now and picked up a G43, which I like a lot.  In fact, the G43 fits my hand better than the Shield, but I seem to be the minority.  Most people who try both seem to like the Shield better, and it's certainly softer to shoot. 

I tried the Nano... I think you'll be happy with the change.
Looks like you traded up Frank.  My partner and I were watching your video and it looks like it's a pretty soft shooting gun.  Don't think I've heard a bad word on the shield.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
It's a pretty decent little gun. The Nano was nice too but it just didn't feel "right" in my hand. Not sure why, maybe the grip angle or something. The Shield feels nice though and other than the little blister I got(probably from the line in the frame where the mold halves came together) I had no issues shooting it. I've since sanded off the little "line" where the mold fit together so it should be a non-issue from here on out and I know the one failure to return to batter was totally ammo related so I'd say that with my little test they were both 100% reliable right out of the box which is awesome for a gun at this price point.
With the prices and rebates on the Shield going now it seems like a no brainer.
I plan on going shooting tomorrow so I can do a "Part Duex" on the Shields now that I've added Talon Grips and XS Big Dot sights.
Part Duex(2) of my vids on the S&W M&P Shield. Enjoy.

(04-14-2017, 08:32 PM)mac66 Wrote: With the prices and rebates on the Shield going now it seems like a no brainer.

I'm seeing them for $289 after the rebate on places like CDNN.

(04-15-2017, 09:58 PM)TN.Frank Wrote: Part Duex(2) of my vids on the S&W M&P Shield. Enjoy.

Frank, gotta tell ya buddy, I love that area you're shooting in!

Thanks. We went to a different spot that's a bit further out but much less crowded.