Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glock Perfection
The Tango Down +2's came in the mail yesterday.  That's pretty awesome considering I ordered them in the afternoon of the previous day!  

[Image: 27886010258_315ff626f0_z.jpg]

They were very easy to install.  Basically take off the old base plate and stock spring, remove the follower and put it on the new spring and simply insert and slide the new base plate on.  Took all of about a minute.  Fits on nice and snug.  No issues putting 8 rounds in the mag.  Inserting the mag into the pistol did take a little push to seat which I expected and has been reported in various reviews.  It isn't an issue, just that the spring is new and stiff like it should be so you just have to make sure it seats.  Will relax a bit over time.  But again, isn't an issue just something to be aware of.

As you can see in the photo, it does add to the overall height.  I have not had the chance to wear it concealed yet since I just got them last night.  Will the butt stick out a bit AIWB or IWB?  Don't know yet.  It does add length but is it too much?  Will it be fine?  Don't know yet.  I'm fine either way as I have a +1 and a +2 Hyve coming in to compare.  If this TD +2 sticks out too much I'm sure that at least the +1 Hyve will be fine.  Or maybe I'll order a +1 Tango Down to see how it compares.  But either way I always carry at least one extra mag so if I don't use this one as a primary it will make a good back up.

Here's the night sights:

[Image: 27886011798_47d94f62c1_z.jpg]

I've really come to like these i-Dot sights.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Thanks for the great pics.
My concern for the added grip is the 43 is a pocket gun for me. If I’m IWB I go 19.
What service are you using to host your pictures?
Flicker.

The G43 mags I ordered from Brownell's arrived alone with the Hyve +1 and +2 base plates. The Tango Down were the easiest to install but the Hyve weren't what I would call difficult. They all went on just fine. Put on a tighter shirt and really couldn't tell the difference between a regular magazine and one with a +2 on it. So that is a definite plus. 

Overall I like the price on the Tango Down but I like the overall feel of the Hyve because it form fits with the back strap of the gun to it fills the palm of your hand more. I don't think it would really make much of a difference shooting so it seems to boil down to perceived comfort.

Either way, 8+1 gets a thumbs up over the stock 6+1. 8+1 in the mag and a similar back up mag and maybe a third in my EDC sling bag should do fine.

[Image: 41108911494_8513f17612_z.jpg]

Hyve +2 in the G43.  Top left to right:  Tango Down +2, Hyve +1 and Glock OEM +0 with pinky extension.

We decided to buy our daughter a G42 for her high school graduation present. I was telling Rhonda when I graduated, mom and dad bought me a rifle and it is something I plan on having til the day I die.

We wanted to get her something that will be a keep sake and something that she can enjoy. She likes shooting Rhonda's 42, so after she graduates in a few more days, she will have her own.
Good gift!

As I mentioned in the Ruger thread, went to the range and the G43 was one of the ones I took.  Wanted to test out the extended mags.  The only issues I noticed were the Hyve +1 and +2 didn't lock the slide back on the last round.  But as far as function they were 100%.  The Tango Down operated 100% as well and did lock the slide back.  

Thumbs up overall.

This is the back up G26.4 that I recently traded for:

It has 3 month old TFX night sights.  RYG custom adjustable trigger, SS pins, polished internals etc.  Normally I just go for a stock Glock with no frills.  But I knew that I liked the TFO sights on my G22.4 and the TFX with the orange outline are even better.  So I decided to trade the HK for this which means as far as my personal pistols are concerned, I'm totally Glock now. As mentioned elsewhere and most know, I'm not a Glock fan-boy by any stretch of the imagination.  But I do like the platform for reliability, function, ease of maintenance and reputation.  This will be a HD gun and a back up to my carry G26.4.

[Image: 43964006721_8e8a321e59_z.jpg]

[Image: 43964006101_f40b31528d_z.jpg]

This is not my hand in the pics above and below.  These are the pics that were sent in the trade offer from the previous owner.  The tac light was not included but I put the picture on here to show what it looks like with the second Xgrip I just bought and installed.  This gives me a 16-round HD pistol.

[Image: 43964007551_19993c1bf2_z.jpg]

So it keeps it simple across the board for me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Glock 42 David 26 933 10-15-2018, 11:36 PM
Last Post: David
  Glock 45 David 10 247 09-26-2018, 05:26 PM
Question Pmag for Glock? David 5 315 08-13-2018, 04:48 PM
  Glock G33, Gen4, another winner. TN.Frank 3 273 06-26-2018, 01:09 PM
  Goodbye Glock Gen 3...sorta. David 2 544 04-02-2018, 12:19 PM