Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glock Perfection
David, I love the trjicon HDs. Great for older eyes.
Have em on my 19.5 and ordered for my new 43. Both the yellow green.
I have the tools to install when they arrive.
+1 for the Trijicon HD!  Have mine in the Orange.  You're right, very good for picking up that front sight quickly.  Noticed a difference while shooting on our combat course at work.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Sold one of my Glock 22's the other day for a substantial profit over what I paid for it (bought for $390 and sold for $525).  Now I have a chunk of change and not really sure what I want with it.  Came close to buying a G43 yesterday but decided at the last minute not to go through with it.  It was a good deal at $375 unfired but figured the LC9 is already filling the same role so why have the G43?

Why have the 43? IT IS A GLOCK!!!!!!

Smile Smile
(04-11-2018, 03:57 PM)bmyers Wrote: Why have the 43? IT IS A GLOCK!!!!!!

Smile Smile

Yeah I know Wink

I haven't ruled out the G43.  In fact, my buddy at work has his up for sale.  It is OD green on the frame from Glock.  Has one of those Bravo Torsion holsters which he said is very comfortable.  And he's only put 50 rounds down range out of it.  He's asking $450 which isn't unreasonable.  He paid $380 BL so out the door it was $411 and the holster is like $49.  So it's a fair price.

Is it better than the Ruger LC9?  Well, as far as stock capacity the Ruger has one more round.  Is the G43 probably better quality overall?  I'd have to say yes.  As far as weight it's about the same at 17oz.  Thickness is pretty much negligible.  

Got some considering to do.  If I get the Glock I can either relegate the LC9 to a secondary role in the back room or simply sell it.  But then if I sell it I'm back in the same boat of not knowing what to get lol.

Well I went ahead and contacted my buddy and told him to bring his G43 into work.  Figured 'what the heck'.  Even though the mags aren't compatible I'm still staying with the 'Glock' mantra in other regards.  Summer is coming up and it's already quite warm.  I've noticed that if I carry OWB I'm using the G26 but if I'm carrying AIWB it's been the LC9 just cause it's smaller/thinner.  Hopefully I'll like the G43 as much.  Figured there's only one way to find out.

Good choice. I know during the summer months my G43 sees a lot more holster time. I have the Trijicon HD orange sights on it. Rhonda wants a set for the G43 she just purchased, so I think that will be a mother's day gift for her.
I pick it up after work today.  Hoping I'll like it, pretty sure that I will.  I ordered the Ameriglo i-Dot sights from Amazon just now.  Those are the ones that are green tritium and orange outline like the Trijicon HD's while the rear sight is a single tritium green dot.  So it's dot-on-dot.  Takes a bit of getting use to but I think I'll like it just fine.  Amazon will probably 'drone' those over on Sunday so I'll plan to put them on Monday and then maybe go shooting.  

Also scheduled to get the LCP 13 lb recoil spring and a cheap little IWB holster on Monday so I'll shoot that as well.

You are going to need a vacation day to you do all your gunsmithing and of course go to range to make sure everything works properly.
Just got it last night after work. I'm on duty all weekend so the plan is to go shooting Monday. That works out as Monday is Ladies Night at the range so my wife can join me for free. And as soon as she saw the G43 she wanted to shoot it so it all works out. 

This is the first time I've actually held a G43. Looking at online articles, photos and videos is one thing but doesn't replace actually having one in hand. Initial impressions:
  • I like it. Comparing it physically with my G26 it is just slightly shorter. Which is good since I AIWB carry. And of course it is noticeably thinner. Which again is what I'm looking for AIWB. And the weight is the same as my LC9 which again is a good thing.

• Comparing it to my LC9 the G43 is just slightly longer but not as long as the G26.

• I'm one of the folks that don't like finger grooves on a Glock so that's a big plus for the G43.

• The Bravo Torsion holster is nice and thin and it 'looks' like it will be a good, solid, comfortable holster. The test will be in actually carrying it which I haven't yet had the opportunity to do.

• Looking at some of the aftermarket base plates (thickness of some of the +1's) I really think Glock could have made this a 7+1. But it is what it is and I'm not going to make it a deal breaker. I'll likely get a +1 anyway so it'll be a moot point.
To be honest, the first 11 years of my career were with a 6-shot S&W M64 and I felt just fine. This is actually a step up overall. Off-duty I've been in several situations where it came within a hairs breath of having to use my off-duty carry. Three in particular stand out. One was an EDP (emotionally disturbed person) that I knew from on-duty and encountered off-duty. The second was under the influence of alcohol (at a minimum) and the other was either high or crazy or both. In the first instance I had a G17 off-duty. In the second a G19 and the third my G26. If I actually had to use my off-duty in any of those situations would the rounds available have been enough? Who knows? That is such an iffy proposition. I've seen people dropped with one round of .22lr. I've seen people not dropped my multiple handgun rounds to the upper torso AND a solid blast of 00 buck. Years ago we had one shooting where the perp took 16 rounds of 147g 9mm through a windshield and wasn't stopped. Most of those shots I'd consider good shots. So too be honest there are just too many variables to consider (multiple attackers, under the influence, EDP and so forth). So more immediately available ammo is a good thing but not necessarily a reliable indicator that the threat will actually be ended any sooner. So that goes back to 7 rounds of 9mm+P 124g Gold Dot is better than 6 rounds of .38 Special+P 125 Remington SJHP. And I didn't feel undergunned with the .38. 

I'm definitely going to get additional magazines as personally I like to have a plethora of them. When I carry the G26 I have 12 rounds in the mag with a 15-round mag as spare and a 15-round mag in my EDC sling bag. So if I carry the G43 I'll have those 7-rounds (soon to be 8-rounds) with a 6, 7 or 8 round spare mag on person and the same in the EDC sling bag. Anything beyond that and I'll go get my shotgun out of my car!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Glock G33, Gen4, another winner. TN.Frank 2 49 06-11-2018, 01:19 PM
Last Post: TN.Frank
  Upcoming Glock G33 Gen4 Vid. TN.Frank 2 49 06-08-2018, 11:47 AM
Last Post: bmyers
  Glock 31 Gen4 Part 2. TN.Frank 3 92 05-26-2018, 05:03 AM
Last Post: TN.Frank
  Goodbye Glock Gen 3...sorta. David 2 189 04-02-2018, 12:19 PM
Last Post: David
  Glock releasing new guns bmyers 13 810 01-28-2018, 03:55 PM
Last Post: David