Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glock Perfection
Glock 26
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.

The black one is mine

This is the one that Rhonda carries at the gym with the G43 and a spare magazine (same as the black one except tan). I carry the G26.
I posted this holster in the HK thread but wanted to put it in this one as well.

[Image: s-l500.gif]

Got it from this ebay vendor.

I liked it so much for the P30SK I ordered one for the G26.  This really hugged my side and wasn't noticeable under a shirt.  Had my wife take a look and she couldn't tell I was wearing concealed under the shirt.  Ordered the G26 version on OD carbon fiber to sorta match the G26 IWB holster.  Figured it would make it easier to identify which holster goes with which gun.

Awesome - as any HK holder should be....
Been carrying that G26.4 off-duty for the last six months or so.  Like it quite a bit, particularly those Trij HD sights.  That orange front sight really pops.  Been thinking though of the impending holster wear.  The gen 2.5 already has holster wear and shine on the high spots like you'd expect for a 22 year old weapon that isn't a safe queen.  So thinking of making the gen 4 a safe queen and going back to the 2.5.  I'll either see about putting a bit of orange paint on the front night sight post around the tritium or simply buying some Ameriglo sights with the orange ring.  This way I really don't have to worry about wear-n-tear...it's already there.

(02-06-2018, 09:03 PM)David Wrote: Been carrying that G26.4 off-duty for the last six months or so.  Like it quite a bit, particularly those Trij HD sights.  That orange front sight really pops.  Been thinking though of the impending holster wear.  The gen 2.5 already has holster wear and shine on the high spots like you'd expect for a 22 year old weapon that isn't a safe queen.  So thinking of making the gen 4 a safe queen and going back to the 2.5.  I'll either see about putting a bit of orange paint on the front night sight post around the tritium or simply buying some Ameriglo sights with the orange ring.  This way I really don't have to worry about wear-n-tear...it's already there.

Well that plan isn't going to work out.  In the past I've been able to qualify with a new weapon pretty much any time I want (it was the advantage of being an instructor).  Unfortunately not any more.  My annual isn't until next October/November time frame give-or-take.  Won't be able to switch anything around until then so I'll be sticking with the G26.4.  No big deal I suppose.  I cancelled the front sight and beavertail for the 2.5 so I suppose I saved some money.

Quit worrying about holster wear. Glocks aren't safe queens. Just use and enjoy it.
Thought this was interesting as it shows a Gen 5 Glock in .40 S&W as well as a manual safety similar to what Glock used in the early 80's.

Link

(02-10-2018, 12:51 AM)David Wrote: Thought this was interesting as it shows a Gen 5 Glock in .40 S&W as well as a manual safety similar to what Glock used in the early 80's.

Link

As someone who grew up with carrying 1911s. I have no problem with a thumb safety. I use them on single actions autos but typically not on double action guns. I wouild probalby use them on striker fired pistols like a glock if it came with one.
(03-20-2017, 01:23 PM)mac66 Wrote: My Glock 22 will shoot one ragged hole at those distances with both the 40 and 9mm barrels.  

Just a couple of weeks ago, give-or-take, I got that Glock 22.4 with the 9mm conversion barrel.  Shot great with either barrel.  The 9mm conversion barrel was new in the package.  I don't recall if the G22.4 had been shot or not but if it had it was very, very little.  This is the one I traded the HK VP9SK for so I had a total of $357 into the trade.  A good deal.  This has become my night stand gun.

This morning I was perusing Armslist and someone was selling a BNIB/never fired G22.4 for $390.  I thought about it as I'd been looking for a G23.  Figured with was a good way to go since it will also take that 9mm conversion barrel.  That's about $60 less than out-the-door BL cost.  This will be my woods carry gun since I like to carry .40 while out and about in the 'wild'.  Just something about a good 180 grain round that gets me all warm and fuzzy.  Has the standard plastic sight but for that price I can't complain at all.  I'll order some night sights and toss them on, hopefully in time for our SEP gathering on the 24th.  So in Glock that gives me a couple of 9mm's and a couple of 40's that have the capability of shooting 9mm.  Win-win.

Sent off an email to Glock for the manufacture dates on both.  One is a UKE prefix and the other is BECX.  Curious to see what the dates will be.  

Also on AL a couple of days ago a guy was selling/trading 450 rounds of .40 Federal and WWB for $10 for a box of 50 or even trade with a box of 9mm.  So I bought three boxes for $30 and traded 300 rounds of 9mm (6 boxes) for what I thought was 300 rounds (6 boxes) of .40 which was the rest of what he had.  We both miscounted and I actually ended up with 500 rounds as one of the boxes was a 100 round value pack.  I had already deleted contact information for him so no contacting him about it and we're in different cities anyway.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Glock 42 David 26 933 10-15-2018, 11:36 PM
Last Post: David
  Glock 45 David 10 247 09-26-2018, 05:26 PM
Question Pmag for Glock? David 5 315 08-13-2018, 04:48 PM
  Glock G33, Gen4, another winner. TN.Frank 3 273 06-26-2018, 01:09 PM
  Goodbye Glock Gen 3...sorta. David 2 544 04-02-2018, 12:19 PM