Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glock Perfection
(03-26-2017, 03:22 AM)Tsquare Wrote: Back to original post:  Nope, I have a G37 45GAP that has 35K or so rounds through it that is just as accurate as a one year old Colt 1911  9mm w/ comp barrel. But I also have a EDC G26 that is minute of doorway on accuracy at 10 yards. I have adjusted the load on various rounds but I just cannot shoot this gun with any accuracy. I am popping a 2" to 3" target at 25 yards with both the G37 and 1911 9mm @ 25 yds but the Baby Glock is all over the place. I have no faith in it except up close.

I have had the G26 as my EDC for over two years but I am giving up on it. I am looking at a G38 45GAP or a Commander 9mm  as a replacement.

You're the only person I know (though I don't really know you) who has embraced the 45GAP.

Kind of funny how people and guns are different. I have and had a number of .45 acps over the years. I still have a couple 1911s, a Ruger P97 and an XD45. I did have a Glock 21 but for some reason couldn't shoot it very well. I got rid of it after buying the XD45 which I shoot really well. Which is weird because I shoot my Glock 22 much better than my XD40. But I got rid of the Glock 19 when I bought the XD9. They shoot about the same and I like the XD better in 9.  I do have a 9mm barrel for my 22 and it shoots very well.

Unfortunately I got lazy and my EDC is pretty much either a Kel-Tec P11 (which I bought used i.e, cheap but has been 100% reliable) or a Ruger LC9 which I got free.  The LC9 is lighter and thinner and easier to carry but the P11 is easier to shoot well because the grip is thicker and easier to hold onto.  Not to mention is has a higher mag capacity (10 vs 7 ) and can use even higher cap mags. I carry the LC9 when on my bicycle, hiking, walking and/or going to the gym. Otherwise the P11 is my EDC.
Back when the 45GAP came out I had the director of LEO sales for Glock working for me in my Air Guard unit on the weekend drill (we also had a couple of their armorers as well). We got the full demo of the 45GAP and a number of us ended up getting them. The guys that were the armorers would also do factory "repairs" for anybody and night sights and other mods would happen. We had so much Glock swag so it looked like we we all Glockaholics.

The range where I shoot has 2 other regulars who also shoot GAP - one of them has a AR carbine as well as all 3 GAP models. It has become a boutique caliber.
Ok, I've changed off-duty guns....again.  

BUT!!!

Before you guys start jumping on me, hear my reasoning  Big Grin

I've been carrying my Gen 2.5 Glock 26 since I changed over from the Gen 3 Glock 19 last year.  I had planned on switching over to the HK P30SK.  However I found a deal that I couldn't pass up.  A Gen 4 Glock 26 bought new around March of this year.  Has Trijicon HD orange night sights and four mags.  Three of the four mags are +2 (one Pierce and two Glock).  

$400

I couldn't pass that deal up.  And I figure since I'm use to the Glock 26 platform I'll stick with it.  I go for my annual training in a few weeks so I'll officially get it changed over paperwork wise and armory inspection.  I'm passing the Gen 2.5 to my son so it stays in the family.  

Okay, let the ribbing commense  Tongue
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Congrats on the "new to you" G26 gen4.
This is actually the first Gen 4 Glock I've ever owned.

I told you so, haha.

As much as these newer brands and models may tempt you, none of them are demonstrably better than the 26.

Good choice.
I like my G26 Gen 4. I carry mine in a Crossbreed holster most of the time, except when at the gym and I bought this holster

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01DYMSNWW/r...UTF8&psc=1

that I carry at the gym with me. It has my phone, keys, ear buds, everything nicely stored and since everyone walks around with either electronic devices or notepads keeping track of their workouts, it blends in perfectly.

I'm glad to see you came back to the dark side. Smile
(09-19-2017, 03:10 AM)Ronin.45 Wrote: I told you so, haha.

As much as these newer brands and models may tempt you, none of them are demonstrably better than the 26.

Good choice.

It just seems to be the best workhorse all the way around.  I've become very comfortable/proficient with the G26.  

(09-19-2017, 10:51 AM)bmyers Wrote: I like my G26 Gen 4. I carry mine in a Crossbreed holster most of the time, except when at the gym and I bought this holster

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01DYMSNWW/r...UTF8&psc=1

that I carry at the gym with me. It has my phone, keys, ear buds, everything nicely stored and since everyone walks around with either electronic devices or notepads keeping track of their workouts, it blends in perfectly.

I'm glad to see you came back to the dark side. Smile

I like that pouch.  I have a small waist pack as well that is similar, although it was not designed for a firearm.  No quick draw string (which having one sense).  Thanks for putting the link, I've put it on my Amazon list.

Just started watching this guy on YT.

Emailed Glock with the serial number, manufacture date was 1.24.2017.   Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Glock G33, Gen4, another winner. TN.Frank 2 49 06-11-2018, 01:19 PM
Last Post: TN.Frank
  Upcoming Glock G33 Gen4 Vid. TN.Frank 2 49 06-08-2018, 11:47 AM
Last Post: bmyers
  Glock 31 Gen4 Part 2. TN.Frank 3 94 05-26-2018, 05:03 AM
Last Post: TN.Frank
  Goodbye Glock Gen 3...sorta. David 2 189 04-02-2018, 12:19 PM
Last Post: David
  Glock releasing new guns bmyers 13 810 01-28-2018, 03:55 PM
Last Post: David