Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supplements.
They can help overcome a limited diet,I prefer blister packs but most cos use dump bottles.The reason I prefer b/packs is yer exposing the pill yer gonna take to o2,not the whole bottle.They however are bulky and the seals will break.

Our choice is http//:www.NatureMade.com our local grocer offers them on bogo once every 6 weeks.The multi for him has 90 tablets/$9 for a single bottle,you can get 180 tabs for $9 or you can get a year for $18.Women and kids have the same deals.This is one hell of a deal if you are running short rations.

This would be a worthwhile investment,even shipped.'08.
If you look like food,you will be eaten.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
We are very big into supplementation.  Food unfortunately doesn't always contain the level of nutrition that it once did years ago.  I'll start detailing some of the things we take, why and maybe toss in some links.

CoQ10 (Ubiquinol) 100mg.  This is great for heart health.  I take from 200-300mg daily.  I take Acetyl L-Carnitine HCL 500mg with each 100mg of CoQ10 as they work synergistically.  I believe we use the Qunol Mega CoQ10 that can be purchased at Costco as it is a quality product at a good price.

Qunol™ Mega CoQ10 100 mg, 120 Softgels

Vitacost Acetyl L-Carnitine HCl -- 500 mg - 300 Capsules

Ionic Fizz.  From all of our research, if you're reading this you are very probably magnesium deficient.  And being deficient causes a whole host of problems.  I use to get really bad 'Charlie horses' aka leg cramps.  Cramps are a huge sign of being deficient.  After taking this supplement the cramps disappeared.  And this has more than just magnesium and there are other blends.  Also, if you need something that helps replace electrolytes then this is a product I'd recommend.  It's one of the things I use.  

Ionic-Fizz™ Magnesium Plus™
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Ribose would be another supplement to consider adding to what you've got.  Great for heart and muscle health, also provides useable energy.

Many brands, here's just one as an example:

Amazon link

For men's prostrate health:  Source Naturals Beta Sitosterol Mega Strength

There was a time after I hit my 40's that I was up every hour or two at night to go pee.  After finding this I usually get up once a night and get to sleep the rest of the time.  I'm in my 50's now and it's worked very well.  I'd recommend it to any of the guys on the board that may be experiencing the same problem I was.

Echinecia/milk thistle/garlic/cinnamon.'08.
If you look like food,you will be eaten.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
If you guys have never taken Turmeric Curcumin, you should check into it. It's a root used in Indian curry and other dishes. Anti-inflammatory. Good for reducing build up in arterial walls. Supposedly keeps cancer from spreading. Been taking it for four years now and my joints (especially my hands/fingers) haven't bothered me at all. Before starting turmeric it would take me an hour in the mornings before I could even grip my coffee cup.
The term "supplements" covers a lot of territory. So, I break it down.

Most literature indicates that if you eat a healthy diet, you don't need supplements. If qualified person recommends them, then you should consider the advice.

1. probiotics. Your stomach has flora (meaning bacteria among other items). When you take a regimen of antibiotics, you kill the flora in your stomach. After you do your own reseach, you may conclude that you will want to have a small quantity on hand.
2. minerals are a different matter. Your doctor may recommend magnesium and/or potassium if you have muscle cramps. Your body does not save the same for any appreciable amount of time. Your table salt is usually has iodine added. Why? Because in some regions of the US, there is insufficient amounts in the tap water. If you take too much regular salt, sodium chloride, it will displace potassium and lead to salt crystals in the kidneys. So, this is why "no-salt" exists. It replaces sodium in table salt. When you sweat excessively, the normal response is to take a "salt tablet". Try a banana, potassium and magnesium instead.
3. Vitamin D. If you can get sunshine in the winter, the doctor may, with a test, recommend vitamin d.
4. Some doctors recommend calcium tablets for women.
5. Remember that vitamins were first developed/described only about 120 years ago.
6. How much to put aside? I have no idea. However, they are cheap enough that I put aside a year's supply.