Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What have you done this week to forward your 2017 prepping goals?
Also ordered more Israeli pressure and compression bandages.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
1.  I have kept up with my minimal physical exercise program of 1 hour a day, every day, of yoga/pilates/physical therapy exercises on the ground - face up and face down.  Sometimes more.

2.  I continue to watch a variety of youtube videos.  Most are skills videos and not movies.  Right now, I set up a bookmark usb key on just about everything related to recurve/compound/crossbows because I have the units.  Usb keys are cheap.  So, when I go into another endeavor, I will set up another usb key.  This is not "manuaLs"  I have a manuals directory on the main computer and in a backup usb key that is updated regularly and then archived. 

3.  A few years ago, two major grocery chains went out of business.  The price discounts were too great to pass up, even considering lost interest in the funds invested.  I am keeping track of how much is consumed/used up.  Haven't had to buy more of the items being used up.  I keep the items in clear plastic containers and consolidate into smaller containers.
We purchased two more firearms to balance our collection and to follow two is one rule.

We have also started our Christmas shopping for family and friends. We started two years ago with making our gifts survival based. We are going to continue it this year. Knowing that these are close friends and family that if things go wrong they will be looking for help, we are trying to help them plan before there is a need.
Well a year end recap of 2017.  As far as prepping:  

I had a good time with the rabbit and quail project and learned a LOT from the experience.  I can quickly and efficiently dispatch and dress either.  

I've narrowed my calibers but expanded my inventory in both firearms as well as ammunition.  

Enhanced my firearm training.

Got a few new flashlights.

Put together an EDC that I'm satisfied with.

Expanded my retirement portfolio.

Good year!

We had money left in our FSA accounts, so we ordered a nice outdoor first aid kit and lots of different bandages. Also, ordered some emergency tooth repair kits. We had to spend the money by the end of the year or we lose it, so we added to our supplies.
1.  I followed David's lead.  Purchased more Israeli/compression bandages and staged them in the car.
2.  Purchased a dash cam and will have it hardwired installed.  Young female in a hurry hit my parked car in the grocery store parking lot after I ordered the camera.
3.  Ordered two more trail cameras for the home outside.  More importantly, I have received the first bid to re-install redwood gates with sophisticated locking systems.  Live on a dead-end.  Guy next door burglarized by an obvious druggie in the middle of the day a couple of weeks ago.
4.  Purchased a number of new and tsa confiscated knives (which I restored).
My wife and I settled on a floor plan for the new house up north, just the interest on our investments (thank you Donald) will pay for it.
Well, as I mentioned in the Small Pocket Gun thread, I picked up a Ruger LCP yesterday.  Wife promptly claimed it as her own, which is fine of course.  If it gets her carrying consistently that will be a big thumbs up from me and she's welcome to it.  She also claimed the RugerLC9s for her occasional CCW but mostly as her night stand gun, again a thumbs up.

I may be trading for a LCP Custom later in the week so that would then check off my 'small pocket pistol' box.  We'll see how that goes.  

Getting a few routine things done on the vehicles so get them squared away.

End of year coming...

It's pretty cold outside, about 10 F, glad I got a propane fireplace installed with 2-100gal tanks
It would def come in handy if the power goes down, prob one of the best things I did this year.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Pay it forward David 15 3,459 05-31-2018, 11:23 AM
Last Post: David
Thumbs Up What have you done this week to forward your 2018 prepping goals? David 28 2,851 05-27-2018, 05:19 PM
Last Post: bmyers
  Thrift Stores, Antique Stores, and prepping Chico Bill 6 1,613 02-04-2018, 10:38 PM
Last Post: bdcochran
Video Ten prepping lessons that L.E. Has taught me video David 2 692 11-14-2017, 06:05 AM
Last Post: Gene
Question 2017 United States Presidential Inauguration David 24 5,449 01-29-2017, 01:35 AM
Last Post: mac66
Question Your goals for 2017? David 1 864 01-08-2017, 04:37 AM
Question What have you done this week to forward your 2016 prepping goals? David 74 18,974 11-26-2016, 12:52 PM
Last Post: David
  Prepping For Gas Shortages JRSC 16 3,443 09-30-2016, 01:09 PM
Last Post: kirgi08
Question What have you done this week to forward your 2015 prepping goals? David 61 22,998 01-02-2016, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Dr. Dickie
Question Did you meet your goals? David 7 2,251 12-12-2015, 02:50 AM