Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What have you done this week to forward your 2017 prepping goals?
My BLF A6 arrived the other day.  That's an 18650 flashlight that is the same as the Astrolux S2.  

Two is one and one is none... Wink
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Yesterday (Saturday) I went up to my hunting property (temps were in the 60's which is good since it snowed on Thursday) and cut, sectioned and stacked trees on my food plot. I am getting too old for this stuff. Today (70's temps) I surveyed the whole property (52 acres) for a deer habitat plan. Been reading up on it and apparently I've been doing it wrong. So now I have to develop a complete integrated habitat plan for my furry friends.

I also function tested some of my project guns including my AR pistol. Everything but the AR pistol worked. Couldn't get it to eject the first round. I think is a gas port/block issue. Back to the work bench for that one.
I would love to have some acreage somewhere that isn't too far distant.  Even 3-5 acres would put a smile on my face  Smile Smile

(04-10-2017, 06:10 PM)David Wrote: I would love to have some acreage somewhere that isn't too far distant.  Even 3-5 acres would put a smile on my face  Smile Smile

One would like to say "the more the merrier" but lots of land is lots of work.
Going up the property on Monday to turkey hunt and take down a few more trees. Bought a new, small, light weight Stihl chain saw on sale today to take with me. Going to use it to trim the branches of the trees I cut down. My big 30 year old Stihl is great on the big stuff but a beast to lop off branches and limbs.
did almost nothing... checked out another 55g barrel for water , that stunk , so I passed.

Just loaded 1k of 45 acp... still running Autocomp ( because I bought a lot when unique was short ), but it still goes bang quite well.
Added additional flints and a wick to my Zippo after getting the idea from YT.

Changed my off-duty carry from a Glock 26 to a HK P30SK.

Put 100 quail eggs in the incubator yesterday.

Went back to work after vacation and got issued a pretty snazzy trauma kit with a SOF-T (My favorite and I have several along with a bunch of CATs), Celox gauze, Fox-Seal, and OLAES bandage. The tourniquet has a belt pouch that will go on my duty belt and it has an attachment for the rest of the trauma kit to act as a thigh rig.

My wife gave me a Saddleback Leather Indiana Satchel (think leather version of the bag Indiana Jones carries in the movies) which is going to be my low-profile man-bag for EDC. I threw some trauma supplies in it (SOF-T, SWAT-T, OLAES, Fox-Seal, gauze, space blanket) along with a small survival kit I put together a couple months ago. It has a couple interior side pockets that fit pistol magazines perfectly and I'll probably add a set of cuffs. I took it hiking on Friday and added a Magellan GPS and my 1911 and it carried fine. I'll set it up differently for hiking in the future but it was more of a test run.

I worked on putting together a detailed get-home route using google-earth and started adding some waypoints on my "vintage" (lol) Magellan Explorist 200 GPS that I purchased for $20 several years ago on clearance at a local drug store.

Tonight we had a pretty good salad with the lettuce from our garden. With the end of the recent drought, water restrictions, and the improvement of our general suckiness in gardening in the mountains, this year is turning out very well.
(04-23-2017, 04:01 AM)Chico Bill Wrote: Went back to work after vacation and got issued a pretty snazzy trauma kit with a SOF-T (My favorite and I have several along with a bunch of CATs), Celox gauze, Fox-Seal, and OLAES bandage.  The tourniquet has a belt pouch that will go on my duty belt and it has an attachment for the rest of the trauma kit to act as a thigh rig.  

My wife gave me a Saddleback Leather Indiana Satchel (think leather version of the bag Indiana Jones carries in the movies) which is going to be my low-profile man-bag for EDC.  I threw some trauma supplies in it (SOF-T, SWAT-T, OLAES, Fox-Seal, gauze, space blanket) along with a small survival kit I put together a couple months ago.  It has a couple interior side pockets that fit pistol magazines perfectly and I'll probably add a set of cuffs.  I took it hiking on Friday and added a Magellan GPS and my 1911 and it carried fine.  I'll set it up differently for hiking in the future but it was more of a test run.  

I worked on putting together a detailed get-home route using google-earth and started adding some waypoints on my "vintage" (lol) Magellan Explorist 200 GPS that I purchased for $20 several years ago on clearance at a local drug store.  

Tonight we had a pretty good salad with the lettuce from our garden.  With the end of the recent drought, water restrictions, and the improvement of our general suckiness in gardening in the mountains, this year is turning out very well.

Sounds like Christmas came early  Smile

I like the looks of that SWAT-T.  I have multiple Israeli bandages and I'm curious how they stack up with each other.  

I like the satchel!  Remember, it's isn't a murse or man-bag...it's a tactical EDC platform.  It's even more manly if you use the acronym T.E.P.  Big Grin

(04-23-2017, 12:36 PM)David Wrote:
(04-23-2017, 04:01 AM)Chico Bill Wrote: Went back to work after vacation and got issued a pretty snazzy trauma kit with a SOF-T (My favorite and I have several along with a bunch of CATs), Celox gauze, Fox-Seal, and OLAES bandage.  The tourniquet has a belt pouch that will go on my duty belt and it has an attachment for the rest of the trauma kit to act as a thigh rig.  

My wife gave me a Saddleback Leather Indiana Satchel (think leather version of the bag Indiana Jones carries in the movies) which is going to be my low-profile man-bag for EDC.  I threw some trauma supplies in it (SOF-T, SWAT-T, OLAES, Fox-Seal, gauze, space blanket) along with a small survival kit I put together a couple months ago.  It has a couple interior side pockets that fit pistol magazines perfectly and I'll probably add a set of cuffs.  I took it hiking on Friday and added a Magellan GPS and my 1911 and it carried fine.  I'll set it up differently for hiking in the future but it was more of a test run.  

Tonight we had a pretty good salad with the lettuce from our garden.  With the end of the recent drought, water restrictions, and the improvement of our general suckiness in gardening in the mountains, this year is turning out very well.

Sounds like Christmas came early  Smile

I like the looks of that SWAT-T.  I have multiple Israeli bandages and I'm curious how they stack up with each other.  

I like the satchel!  Remember, it's isn't a murse or man-bag...it's a tactical EDC platform.  It's even more manly if you use the acronym T.E.P.  Big Grin
my wife calls my EDC bag my "Manly Sack of Adventure" (Man Sack for short) or "Adventure Super Sack" (A.S.S) but I had a hard time saying, "Hey, have you seen my A.S.S.?"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Pay it forward David 15 3,459 05-31-2018, 11:23 AM
Last Post: David
Thumbs Up What have you done this week to forward your 2018 prepping goals? David 28 2,851 05-27-2018, 05:19 PM
Last Post: bmyers
  Thrift Stores, Antique Stores, and prepping Chico Bill 6 1,613 02-04-2018, 10:38 PM
Last Post: bdcochran
Video Ten prepping lessons that L.E. Has taught me video David 2 692 11-14-2017, 06:05 AM
Last Post: Gene
Question 2017 United States Presidential Inauguration David 24 5,449 01-29-2017, 01:35 AM
Last Post: mac66
Question Your goals for 2017? David 1 864 01-08-2017, 04:37 AM
Question What have you done this week to forward your 2016 prepping goals? David 74 18,974 11-26-2016, 12:52 PM
Last Post: David
  Prepping For Gas Shortages JRSC 16 3,443 09-30-2016, 01:09 PM
Last Post: kirgi08
Question What have you done this week to forward your 2015 prepping goals? David 61 22,998 01-02-2016, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Dr. Dickie
Question Did you meet your goals? David 7 2,251 12-12-2015, 02:50 AM